Our biggest event of the year!
THE PITCH SLAM
Free and open to the public.
If you have a company you want to share with the natural products community, we invite you to pitch your product's unique benefits and potential! The winner receives a valuable prize package that includes a suite of business-building consulting and support from some of the most successful companies in the region.
2013 panel of judges:
- Hass Hassan - Board member for Whole Foods Market; General Partner of Greenmont Capital; Founder of Fresh & Wild, Ltd; Co-founder of Alfalfa's Market
- Steve Wangler - Vice President of Sales at SPINS
- John Maggio - CEO & President of Big Mouth Snack; Co-Founder of Boulder Potato Company and Boulder Natural Foods
- Carole Buyers - Vice President of Investor Relations & Business Development for Boulder Brands
- Nova Covington - Founder of Goddess Garden
- THE AUDIENCE! That's right - everyone in the audience gets to be a judge at the Pitch Slam Finals in Boulder Theater during the Awards Banquet! All audience members will be invited to cast a vote for the entrepreneur they think should win the Prize Pack! Vo
ting will be done easily with cell phone. Can't you already feel the anticipation?!
2013 registered Pitch Slammers:
William Leslie, Red Ace, LLC
David and Jennifer Bacon, JaceyCakes LLC
Charlie Philp, Sneakz Organic
Nancy Coppom, Inglorious Monk Bakery
Kevin Hobbs, The Natural Hapa
Roger Cardoza, Froovie
Kristen Hess, CompoKeeper LLC
Lindsay Karson, Cows Gone Coconut
Keith Buschmann, Front Range Foods
Jennifer Klafin, CorpCROP
Christopher Algea, Keen One Quinoa
Erica Younkin, BRANDcrafted
Jeff Greenberg, The Kitchen Coop
Elizabeth Mirowski, Ph.D, Essential Alternatives, Inc.
Aaron Perry, SOURCE Local Foods
Raymond Snead, Cocktailpunk, LLC
Cindy Jones, Ph.D., Colorado Aromatics Cultivated Skin Care
Jennifer Lane, Jen’s Zen
Doug Michaels, Noble Savage
Sara Andrews, Bumbleroot Foods
Jackson Zapp, Healthy Dog Pet Treats
Kelly McCallister, The Gluten Free Bistro
Joanie Mankus, Oven Baked Organics
Douglas Humble, PreFare
Charlene Goldman, Spice My Coffee, LLC
Lindsey Johnson, ARave, LLC
Barbara Yaeger, Life Opening Chocolates
THE AWARDS BANQUET
Paid registration required
RECOGNITION FOR COMPANIES
- Best Young Business Award: A rising star in our industry, in business five years or fewer, demonstrating the ability to survive and grow in the competitive world of start-ups.
- Company of the Year Award: A successful company in business over five years that has begun proving its ability to thrive and succeed as a leader in the natural products industry.
- Focus on the Future Award: A project or initiative in sustainability which exemplifies a game-changing effort to fuse the principles of sustainability into core business practices.
RECOGNITION FOR INDIVIDUALS
- Local Hero Award: A leader in government, academics, or a not-for-profit whose passion and commitment have made a meaningful contribution to our community.
RECOGNITION FOR PRODUCTS
- Lance Gentry Break-Through Innovation Award: An inventive product, service, or process that provides purposeful health and wellness benefits to consumers.
- Pitch Slam: Goddess Garden
- Best Young Business: MIX 1
- Company of the Year: Eco-Products
- Local Hero: Jim Baldwin, Community Food Share
- Lifetime Achievement: Mark Retzloff
- Pitch Slam: White Girl Salsa
- Best Young Business: Bhakti Chai
- Company of the Year: Rudi’s Organic Bakery
- Local Hero: Ramona Clark, Growing Gardens
- Lifetime Achievement: Steve Demos
- Pitch Slam: Bamboobies
- Best Young Business: New Planet Beer
- Company of the Year: EVOL Foods
- Local Hero: Chef Ann Cooper, The Renegade Lunch Lady
- Lifetime Achievement: Hass Hassan
- Pitch Slam: Dressed Up Salad Dressing
- Best Young Business: Boulder Soup Works
- Company of the Year: Door to Door Organics
- Local Hero: Joan Boykin
- Focus on the Future: Teatulia
- The Lance Gentry Breakthrough Innovation Award: Cheribundi
- Lifetime Achievement: Paul Repetto
- Pitch Slam: CompoKeeper
- Best Young Business: Alfalfa's Market
- Company of the Year: WhiteWave Foods
- Local Hero: Bryce Winton Brown
- Focus on the Future: Silk
- The Lance Gentry Breakthrough Innovation Award: Goddess Garden
- Lifetime Achievement: Mo Siegel