Brands, especially natural products companies, have a unique role when it comes to systems level sustainability shifts. It is clear that even in the midst of a global pandemic, concerns about the climate crisis and our environmental impact still ring true for many consumers, influencing their purchasing decisions. Companies can not only use their platform to meet progressive consumers where they are, but deepen their commitment to sustainable business practices by leveraging their brand purpose to design products, services and campaigns that help mainstream consumers adopt healthier, more sustainable lifestyles. By making sustainable products equitable, healthy, affordable, and inclusive, the natural products industry can drive systemic change from a product and consumer behavior perspective.
During this session, you will hear panelists share their tools, best practices, and replicable case studies on how to embed environmental and social sustainability into their brand purpose, products, and experiences.
- Katie Dunn, Director of Insights and Strategy, Walden Hyde
- Sarah Axelrod, Director of Sustainability, Ball Corporation
- Lauren Start, Senior Director of Marketing, Lily’s Sweets
- Mike Murray, CEO, Teton Waters Ranch
- Thaddeus Napp, Director of Strategy, Vermillion
- https://www.vermilion.com/work/wild-planet/ (Wild Planet case study)
- https://wildplanetfoods.com/ (Wild Planet’s execution of the brand foundation)
- https://www.mintel.com/blog/food-market-news/the-low-sugar-destiny-of-health (low sugar Mintel research)
- https://www.waldenhyde.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/Sustainability-UX-Walden-Hyde.pdf (sustainability UX—our top 10 insights for sustainability messaging and positioning)
- https://www.waldenhyde.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/Walden-Hyde-The-Formula.pdf (our process for building successful Constructive Brands—those that advance profitability without screwing over current or future generations)
- https://youtu.be/eECELEBWBRc (TWR Mission, Vision & Values video)
- https://www.tetonwatersranch.com/the-round-up/ (TWR blog)
- https://giphy.com/TetonWatersRanch/ (regenerative agriculture Giphys)