Who this webinar is for: Boulder County food and beverage manufacturers, Boulder County packaging suppliers, and others interested in learning more about sustainable packaging options.
In 2020, Boulder County’s Office of Sustainability, Climate Action, and Resilience (OSCAR) won an Environmental Protection Agency grant to help food and beverage manufacturers transition to pollution-reduced packaging. Boulder County is now working to incentivize the design and manufacturing of closed loop packaging. This project addresses OSCAR’s goal of accelerating the circular economy in our community and combating climate change.
The webinar covers preliminary findings and introduces the pilot program application, which is an opportunity for two to three Boulder County food or beverage manufacturers to receive incentivization for packaging redesign. This may include technical assistance, packaging / equipment subsidization, materials testing, and storytelling of participants.
Businesses accepted into the pilot will have access to:
- Financial Support: Up to $10,000 will be offered to each accepted business
- Technical Assistance: No cost technical and consulting services from subject matter experts at Resource Recycling Systems (www.recycle.com).
- Environmental and Cost Analysis: Access to tools to evaluate environmental and cost impacts
- Collaborative Workshop: Invitation only event for pilot businesses to learn, collaborate, and meet with packaging experts
- Marketing and Outreach: Case studies and media resources will be developed and circulated in the community and beyond to share the story of this pilot and its findings.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications close at 4:00 PM Mountain Time on August 13, 2021. Applications must be submitted electronically to bkurzynowski@Recycle.com. Applications must be submitted in Microsoft Word or PDF formats. The application is attached to this email and can also be accessed on www.recycle.com/boulderpackaging
To be eligible for the pilot program, businesses must be food or beverage manufacturers with headquarters or a business location within Boulder County. Eligible businesses may package their products directly or have a co-packager that they send products to for packaging. The product packaging may take place outside of Boulder County. Businesses of all sizes are encouraged to apply. Marijuana manufacturing companies are not eligible.