Naturally Boulder’s annual two-day competition challenges entrepreneurs to pitch their young companies to an audience of over 1,200 attendees. A legendary panel of experts determines which entrepreneur will win the grand prize: a booth at Natural Products Expo East and a suite of business services. We source robust prize packages from our sponsors to provide a unique opportunity for sponsors and growing companies to interact. Click here to view photos from Pitch Slam 2018.
Congratulations to the 2019 Pitch Slammers!
Who qualifies for Pitch Slam 2019?
- You’re a Naturally Boulder member
- Your company’s products have been in market for at least a year with demonstrated revenue (but fewer than 4 years)
- Your company’s annual revenue is no greater than $2 million
- Your business is located in Colorado
- You produce in a licensed facility
- You can provide liability insurance
- Even if you’ve pitched in previous Naturally Boulder Pitch Slams
- You submit this completed Pitch Slam application before 5 p.m., MT on October 4, 2019. Judges will review all applications at that point and select 15 Pitchers from all entries received. We expect to receive a bounty of applications and anticipate that this will be a highly competitive selection process.
What to know before you pitch:
- You’ll have THREE minutes to pitch, followed by a THREE minute question-and-answer period
- You may use one slide. NB will provide the required slide template if you are selected to pitch. Those selected to pitch must provide the customized slide to Naturally Boulder in advance of the Pitch Slam. The deadline for the slide submission will be provided at a later date.
- Additional visual aids and/or samples for judges are welcome
- Three Thursday finalists go to the Pitch Slam Finals on Friday
- These details also apply to the Finals
- The judges’ and audience’s votes determine the winner
- All Pitchers are expected to staff their tables 3:00 – 7:00 p.m. Thursday 10/24/19 AND 3:00 – 6:00 p.m. Friday 10/25/19 (except for the times they’re actively pitching), even if they aren’t selected as Finalists
If you’re selected as a Pitch Slammer, you will receive:
- Two free registrations to Day One, October 24: Pitch Slam Preliminaries
- Two free registrations to Day Two, October 25: Pitch Slam Finals & Autumn Awardsaa
Pitch Slam also provides over seventy established member brands with
the opportunity to share new products in the Innovation Showcase hall.
Click here to view photos from Innovation Showcase 2018!
Who qualifies for Innovation Showcase 2019?
- Someone at your company must be a current Naturally Boulder member.
- Company must have a significant business presence in Colorado.
The Innovation Showcase cost is $300 and includes:
- Two free registrations to Day One, October 24, 2019: Pitch Slam Preliminaries
- Two free registrations to Day Two, October 25, 2019: Pitch Slam Finals & Autumn Awards
- A dedicated 6′ x 18” table to display your company and products to 700+ industry professionals each day
- Significant brand exposure with your logo
- Promotional emails with your logo to nearly 6,000 industry professionals
- Your logo on the Naturally Boulder Innovation Showcase landing page on our website
- Your logo on professionally designed event signage
- Access to electricity is available for an additional $25 per outlet. Maximum wattage 1000W.
- All Innovation Showcase participants are expected to staff their tables 3:00 – 7:00 p.m. Thursday 10/24/19 AND 3:00 – 6:00 p.m. Friday 10/25/19.
Awards including Breakout Brand of the Year and Industry Leader & Community Champ are presented in addition to the Pitch Slam Award.
Tune in Friday at 6 pm to watch the Pitch Slam Finale & Autumn Awards ceremony!
Pitch Slam: Picaflor
Breakout Brand: Bobo’s
Industry Leader / Community Champ: Justin Gold
Pitch Slam: The Honest Stand
Breakout Brand: Goddess Garden
Industry Leader / Community Champ: Sylvia Tawse
Pitch Slam: Frau Fowler
Breakout Brand: Lucky’s Market
Industry Leader / Community Champ: Jane Miller
Pitch Slam: Wild Zora
Breakout Brand: Quinn Popcorn
Industry Leader / Community Champ: Steve Hughes
Pitch Slam: Appleooz
Best Young Business: Noosa Yoghurt
Company of the Year: Boulder Brands
The Lance Gentry Breakthrough Innovation Award: Quinn Popcorn
Lifetime Achievement: Joan Boykin
Pitch Slam: Compo Keeper
Best Young Business: Alfalfa’s Market
Company of the Year: WhiteWave Foods Company
Local Hero: Bryce Winton Brown
Focus on the Future: Silk
The Lance Gentry Breakthrough Innovation Award: Goddess Garden
Lifetime Achievement: Mo Siegel
Pitch Slam: Dressed Up Salad Dressing
Best Young Business: Boulder Soup Works
Company of the Year: Door to Door Organics
Local Hero: Joan Boykin
Focus on the Future: Teatulia
The Lance Gentry Breakthrough Innovation Award: Cheribundi
Lifetime Achievement: Paul Repetto
Pitch Slam: Bamboobies
Best Young Business: New Planet Beer
Company of the Year: EVOL Foods
Local Hero: Chef Ann Cooper, The Renegade Lunch Lady
Lifetime Achievement: Hass Hassan
Pitch Slam: White Girl Salsa
Best Young Business: Bhakti Chai
Company of the Year: Rudi’s Organic Bakery
Local Hero: Ramona Clark, Growing Gardens
Lifetime Achievement: Steve Demos
Pitch Slam: Goddess Garden
Best Young Business: MIX 1
Company of the Year: Eco-Products
Lifetime Achievement: Mark Retzloff
Pitch Slam: Sticky Fingers Cooking
Pitch Slam: “Under Research”
Pitch Slam: Phil’s Fresh Foods (later changed to EVOL Foods)
Pitch Slam: “Under Research”