About Natural Habitats
Natural Habitats Group is a company fully committed to the sustainable production of organic and fairly traded products, including organic palm oil. Natural Habitats’ palm oil products are cultivated using only 100% organic practices by small farmers and owned plantations in South America and Africa, and add organic credibility to food, personal care and animal nutrition products. Using a vertically integrated supply chain, Natural Habitats supports the communities in which it operates through organic farming practices and environmental preservation, and provides education, healthcare, and social support to equitably improve quality of life for all stakeholders, from Farm to Fork. In addition to providing palm oil products, Natural Habitats USA is expanding its offerings to include organic private label consumer packaged goods and organic animal feeds.
About Palm Done Right
The Natural Habitats Group is leading positive change in the palm oil industry by proving that palm oil can be grown for
good, a philosophy called Palm Done Right. As a movement, Palm Done Right aims to connect the benefits of organic, responsible palm oil, with brands, suppliers, manufacturers, media, and consumers to change the conversation about palm oil and bring positive impact to scale.
Based in Boulder, Colorado this position will support the Natural Habitats USA team through accounting and administrative efforts. This position will work across the three USA business units: Palm Ingredients, Consumer Packaged Goods, and Animal Nutrition. To be successful this person must be self- directed, able to juggle multiple priorities at once, and pay close attention to details. Although based in Colorado, this position may involve work during atypical hours in order to collaborate with the Natural Habitats Group headquarters in Europe. Natural Habitats USA is a small team in which everyone wears multiple hats. The ideal candidate is a team-player with a strong drive to ‘get things done’ and a positive attitude.
• Manage business transactions including invoicing, booking goods and document flow in the SAP system
• Track accounts payable invoices and reconcile charges
• Follow-up on overdue accounts receivable
• Maintain accurate AR and AP contacts
• Completion of credit applications, questionnaires, and general paperwork for new customers and suppliers
• Collaborate with teams in Europe and South America to ensure consistency across business units
• Process checks and credit card payments from customers
• Manage US expenses, including credit card reconciliation
• Acquire insurance for US businesses as necessary
• File 1099s and other tax related documents as necessary
• Track COGs and maintain unit economics
• Perform credit reference checks on new customers
• Facilitate office fun and celebrations
• Prior bookkeeping, accounting, accounts payable, and/or accounts receivable experience
• Detail and numbers oriented
• Strong organizational skills
• Experience using SAP preferred but not required
• Excellent computer skills: Google Docs, Microsoft Excel, etc.
• Bachelor’s degree or relevant experience
• Team-player willing to work outside of one’s position scope when necessary
• Alignment with the Natural Habitats’ Vision, Mission, and Principles
• Salary commensurate with experience
• Health insurance compensation and paid time off
• An office next to Mt. Sanitas hiking trails
To apply please send a resume, cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Accounting & Admin Coordinator” in the email subject line.