We are Natural Food Works, a specialty food manufacturer that operates two portfolio brands (Tres Latin Foods and Wildmade) and offers contract manufacturing (co-packing) and private label services to our clients. We specialize in consumer food products made with better-for-you ingredients at the highest quality standards. Our facility is FSMA certified as SQF Level 2 and we produce with Gluten Free, Non-GMO, Organic, Kosher, and USDA certifications. We are owned by operators who started out running brands and appreciate the difficulties that founders, and brand owners face because we’ve been there ourselves. Natural Food Works is being positioned as an acquisition platform to continue to acquire brands and lines of business that fit with our model of vertical integration and cash flow optimization. Our mission is to improve the consumer food landscape by bringing transparency, profitability, and efficiency to the mass production of consumer food products and the operation of burgeoning CPG brands.
The Accounting Supervisor assists with management in leading the accounting, payroll, and finance function at the Company. This is an individual contributor role, although it will be interfacing with management as a lead accounting role and interacting with other members of the accounting department. The Accounting Supervisor helps to oversee individuals performing general ledger, accounts receivable, and accounts payable transactions, and will provide leadership and mentoring on financial literacy to all members of the management team. The individual is expected to be able to “roll up their sleeves” and assist with and manage AP, AR, GL, and payroll processing as well. This position helps to manage the overall cash flow of the Company, provide monthly financial statements to management for analysis, and works with the external tax team for external tax compliance. The overall structure of the Company requires an eye for cost accounting/analysis at all company levels, which include multiple legal entities. The ideal candidate will be able to provide meaningful information on a timely basis at various levels of reporting, from the individual reporting unit level, while making sure that intercompany consolidations are booked correctly. Integration with various technology platforms, including AP, , payroll, Inventory,, and expense management, with the financial management software is desired. There is room for growth in this position, as the Company foresees future acquisition of CPG reporting units. The accounting team currently assists with human resource and payroll compliance for the Company The Company relies on Fishbowl Inventory Management Software to populate operational QuickBooks files and requires consolidation accounting to break out financial results on a monthly basis.
What would make you stand out:
• A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting.
• A minimum of 3-5 years of public accounting experience preferably with a small accounting firm, with 3-5 years additional industry experience.
• CPA or EA strongly preferred – experience with both accounting and tax preparation/planning (resolution not needed) highly preferred.
• QuickBooks experience REQUIRED, especially QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise version.
• It helps a lot to be an Excel ninja, understand Google Drive/G Suite applications, and can learn other programs.
• Robust understanding of GAAP, with a focus on manufacturing and inventory accounting, as well as intercompany consolidation accounting
• Payroll, sales/use tax, and property tax all required skills
• Great written and oral communication skills
• Ability to work and learn rapidly and accurately, adhere to deadlines and changing demands
• Journal entries and month-end close processing (including bank, credit card, and other balance sheet reconciliations)
• Emails and correspondence with internal and external stakeholders
• Financial Statement preparation
• Assistance with tax preparation items with the external tax team
• Ability to assess and participate in financial forecasting of potential acquisitions with management
• Forecasting and model development with senior management team
• Cash-flow management
• Developing client relationships to provide financial reporting and analysis
• Assist Controller with management of all accounting functions
Reports to management team, including controller and owner of the Company who has a financial literacy background.
Competitive salary dependent upon experience in the range of $80,000 to $90,000, that also accrues PTO based on Company policy. We are looking for a long-term employee to grow with the Company and are in search for a personable, intelligent, and reliable individual to join our team Please contact us with your resume and availability for interview. Only qualified candidates will be contacted for further consideration.