Join the Sovos Brands team, representing real, delicious food for the way you live!
We’re currently seeking an Accounts Payable Coordinator who will be will be instrumental in collaborating with all aspects of the sovos brands business to ensure that all invoices are reflected within the general ledger system and accounts payable (“AP”) subsystem in an accurate and timely manner.
Sovos Brands is a new kind of food and beverage company with a mission to acquire and build one-of-a-kind brands. We’re dedicated to bringing today’s consumers simple, great-tasting food that fits the way they live. We invest in brands that have exciting growth potential, combining industry expertise with fresh thinking to bring our products into more homes across America.
The brands in our portfolio include Michael Angelo’s, a leading producer of premium, authentic frozen Italian entrées; Rao’s Homemade, a producer of super premium pasta sauces and other Italian specialty foods; and noosa yoghurt, a producer of premium yoghurt made with whole milk and wildflower North American honey.
Sovos has the experience of an industry leader, and the financial backing of Advent International, one of the world’s largest private equity firms.
Find out more about Sovos at www.sovosbrands.com, Michael Angelo’s at www.michaelangelos.com, noosa at www.noosayoghurt.com, and Rao’s Homemade at www.raos.com.
We don’t have a mission statement as those are well intentioned, but often end up being meaningless.
We have 6 GUIDING PRINCIPLES which we live by:
• Lead with courage and tenacity
• Focus on quality
• Obsess with the front line
• Communicate with candor and respect
• Enjoy the ride
• Be nimble
About the Position:
The Accounts Payable Coordinator will assist in developing, maintaining, and enhancing accounting policies and procedures within the Treasury function. Success in this role will come from forging strong relationships across the organization, having high attention to detail, and having a curious mindset to continually improve.
What you’ll do?
• Accurately process a high volume of both non-PO and PO invoices in a prompt and accurate manner.
• Work with teams across the organization to ensure accurate and complete invoices.
• Process vendor payments, including weekly check runs, ACH disbursements, credit card payments and wire transfers.
• Reconcile vendor statements, research and resolve discrepancies.
• Maintain weekly invoice on-hold report.
• Sort and distribute incoming AP mail, including maintaining email boxes.
• Perform AP sub ledger reconciliations.
• Assist with documenting and refining current policies.
• Assist with external audits.
• Work with cross functional teams during the month-end close processes and 1099 filings.
• Assist in developing and reporting key performance indicators for AP group and identifying areas for continuous improvement.
• Assist with other projects as needed.
What Qualification/ Experience do you bring?
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
• 1-2 years accounting experience.
• Advanced Excel skills – Pivot Tables & Vlookup knowledge a must.
• Strong organizational and time management skills.
• Professional and effective oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to interact with employees and vendors in a professional manner.
• Ability to work independently and with a team, with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness.
• Strong attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines required.
• Strong knowledge of GAAP in a cost environment preferred.
• Experience with Microsoft Dynamics NAV, Ross, and Sage preferred.
What can you expect from us (Our Benefits)?
An excellent work environment and a very lively and supportive company culture. Besides that, we offer a competitive total compensation package and complete benefit program, including 401k plan with company match. We also provide you the opportunity to balance your professional and personal lives with Paid Time Off, Paid Holiday, Paid Volunteer Time, Parental Leave, Tuition Reimbursement program and an Employee Assistance program.
Are you the Accounts Payable Coordinator we are looking for?
Apply now by sending your CV and a brief motivation via the ‘Apply’ button.
We look forward to getting to know you!
We maintain a drug and alcohol-free workplace. All candidates offered a position will be required to pass a pre-employment drug test. We participate in E-Verify.
Sovos brands is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Sovos Brands is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Please send inquiries to Ishita Raj at firstname.lastname@example.org.