Position: Accounts Payable Specialist Feb 2020
Who We Are:
Ancient Harvest is a super-nutrition natural food company with a well-established category leading brands. For over 30 years, we have provided health conscious consumers with great tasting organic and non-GMO plant-based and protein rich foods. Ancient Harvest is a category leader in both the quinoa and gluten-free markets.
We recently joined forces with Pamela’s Products, uniting two heritage gluten-free brands in a marriage that will help raise the profile of both product lines, as well as pave the way for innovation of new gluten-free foods.
Pamela’s is the industry leader in gluten-free pancake mixes, baking mixes, Figgies and Jammies, Whenever Bars and traditional cookies.
We are based in Golden, CO.
What You Will Do
As Accounts Payable Specialist you will work closely with our Controller and AR Specialist. You will be responsible for the following:
• Review all invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment
• Sort and distribute incoming mail
• Process 3 way P.O. matching invoices in ERP System
• Prioritize invoices according to cash discount potential and payment terms
• Process check requests
• Audit and process credit card bills
• Match invoices to checks, obtain all signatures for checks and distribute checks accordingly
• 1099 maintenance
• Respond to all vendor inquiries
• Reconcile vendor statements, research and correct discrepancies
• Assist in month end closing
• Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with company policy and accepted accounting practices
• Assist with other projects as needed
Who You Are
• A quick learner who can rapidly embrace a new organization, culture, and responsibilities
• Must have a strong work ethic
• Organized and a self-starter
• Detail oriented, professional attitude, reliable
• Possess strong organizational and time management skills
• Strong problem-solving skills, basic accounting principles knowledge, documentation skills, research and resolution skills, data analysis and multi-tasking skills
• Thorough knowledge of applicable accounts payable/ general ledger systems and procedures, financial chart of accounts and corporate procedures.
• Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
• Ability to interact with employees and vendors in a professional manner
• Ability to work independently and with a team in a fast-paced and high-volume environment with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness
• Ability to perform mathematical computations such as percentages, fractions, addition, subtraction, multiplication and division quickly and accurately
• Ability to deal with ambiguity and manage multiple priorities.
• Enjoys working with data and working in systems.
• Team-orientated and collaborative.
• 3+ years of Accounts Payable experience
• Familiarity with prepaids and accruals
• Proficient in Excel and Word, 10-key by touch
• Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or equivalent work experience
• Experience in Macola/Agility or similar ERP systems
• Market base salary and annual bonus opportunity
• Comprehensive Benefit Package: Health, Dental, Vision, 401k
• Competitive PTO policy
If interested, please send a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org