The Area Sales Manager (ASM) is the key street-level sales person in an assigned geography; Covering all of CO. He/she is responsible for executing a go to market strategy that includes both Direct Store Delivery (DSD) and direct routes to market. An ASM works as part of a team, reporting to the National Sales Manager. This position offers a chance to drive the growth and success of Teatulia, and is the starting point for a career within our rapidly growing sales organization. The ASM is responsible for growing sales and market share by identifying and creating new business, and increasing the customer base within the region.
This is accomplished by:
· Implementing sales strategies to deliver annual volume objectives of the region, expanding account and package distribution to maximize sales
· Continuously monitoring and reporting competitive activities, and keeping abreast of market trends
· Monitoring the performance of distributors and brokers within the area, identifying issues, and taking action to deal with them.
· Working with distributor personnel and retailers to ensure sales, distribution and merchandising objectives are met.
· Training and developing distributor and broker sales personnel on brand standards to optimize sales performance.
· Rolling out and championing Teatulia’s brand platform across all market segments
· Effectively leveraging demos, staff trainings, events, and customer classes, with local retailers – among other field related projects.
· Weekly recapping turnovers, market activities, trends and daily to record account calls using CRM, with accomplishments and opportunities.
· Bachelors Degree required and Masters Degree preferred.
· Minimum five years sales experience with proven growth track record
· Experience in food service sales, beverage industry, experience with healthy food/beverage wholesalers
· Retail Customer account sales experience
· Proficiency working with Microsoft Office products, including Excel and PowerPoint as well a MAC and gmail.
· Good command of business mathematics with strong analytical skills
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Must be upbeat, driven and willingness to operate within a team environment.
· Productive working in a collaborative, team environment with minimal oversight
· Some overnight travel possible, nights and weekends possible
· Candidate must live within the greater Denver area, and have reliable transportation with a valid DL
You will be frequently required to sit; stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and communicate with others. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The work environment will occasionally vary for this position given the nature of the job duties. Significant time will also be spent at bars, restaurants, retail stores and other event or business locations. The noise levels will vary based on location. Travel is required for this position and will vary based on business needs.
*Please Note: This Job Description is neither definitive nor restrictive and may be modified to meet changing needs
About Teatulia Organic Teas
Teatulia teas are sourced directly from the brand’s own USDA-certified organic garden in Northern Bangladesh, with teas cultivated using only natural farming methods and garden-direct sourcing. All sales of Teatulia Organic Teas contribute to its mission of giving back to the community while rebuilding the local ecosystem. Teatulia’s commitment to sustainability extends to its packaging, using stringless, tagless tea bags and 100% compostable, recyclable materials.