Creative Services Associate Design and Project Manager
The Creative Services Associate Design and Project Manager is responsible for managing and executing packaging graphic design projects for Hain-Celestial. Ensuring on-time execution, flawless production artwork for a variety of printers.
The Associate Design and Project Manager will have the opportunity to work in the personal care category. This is a perfect opportunity for an accomplished project manager with packaging design experience. This job is for a creative person that is passionate about natural brands and wants to work in a nimble, entrepreneurial environment and make a significant impact in our growth plan.
The ideal candidate thrives in a fast-paced and deadline driven environment that requires one to be highly organized and work well under pressure.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Manage all new and revised packaging projects for the Personal Care brands.
• Review packaging creative with cross-functional team members to gain approvals and ensure compliance with national and international government regulations.
• Manage the production functions of packaging projects.
• Direct and implement creative concepts consistent with brand strategies.
• Ensure all information is correct and thorough prior to artwork going out for approvals.
• Communicate production strategies and issues for successful separation and printing with internal team and external print vendors.
• Direct printer proofs and printing processes to ensure colors of graphics match with brand aesthetics and approvals.
• Source freelancer designers and provide creative direction and support as needed.
• Provide communications to the marketing teams and manager about project status.
• Exercise time and project management skills to ensure smooth execution of projects.
• Adhere to project timelines and proactively organize workflow to meet deadlines.
• Lead and track multiple creative projects and timelines simultaneously.
• Create packaging images for marketing and sales teams and digital and e-commerce platforms.
• Additional duties and various projects as needed.
• Two to three years corporate creative, design, and print production experience in consumer packaging goods.
• Personal Care experience preferred, but not mandatory.
• Ability to think creatively against demanding deadlines with acute attention to detail.
• Excellent project management skills, with strong attention to detail from concept development through production for flawless end results.
• Experience with the principles of package design and excellent knowledge of die lines.
• Ability to manage multiple project deadlines and requirements simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
• Comfortable working cross-functionally with multiple partners at all levels of a corporate organization.
• Proficiency in the Adobe Creative Suite: Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, Acrobat and Microsoft Products: Outlook, Word, Excel PowerPoint.
• Strong Mac skills are necessary.
• Familiarity of team-based project management tools (i.e. BLUE) preferred
• Strong organizational abilities, including time and resource management and goal orientated.
• Ability to maintain an effective working relationship with all contacts both inside and outside the company.
• Excellent creative instincts and comfort with visual design.
• Ability to work independently and work well within a team environment
• Ability to take direction and proactively see tasks to completion
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate (verbal/writing) effectively.