We are hiring a part-time Bookkeeper for our three small and very different companies in the LoHi neighborhood of Denver. This is a part time position that will handle bookkeeping responsibilities across all three companies.
Basic Function: The bookkeeper position creates financial transactions and creates financial reports from that information. The creation of financial transactions includes posting information to accounting journals or accounting software from source documents such as invoices to customers, cash receipts, and supplier invoices. The bookkeeper also reconciles accounts to ensure their accuracy.
Desired Qualifications: The bookkeeper candidate should have an Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in accounting or business administration, or equivalent business experience, as well as a knowledge of bookkeeping and GAAP. Preference will be given to candidates with a working knowledge of QuickBooks Online (QBO).
Principal Duties (not inclusive of all duties needed to be performed):
1. Purchase supplies and equipment as authorized by management
2. Monitor office supply levels and reorder as necessary
3. Pay supplier invoices in a timely manner
4. Take all reasonable discounts on supplier invoices
5. Pay any debt as it comes due for payment
6. Collect sales tax from customers and remit them to the government
7. Ensure that receivables are collected promptly
8. Record cash receipts and make bank deposits
9. Conduct a monthly reconciliation of every bank account
10. Conduct periodic reconciliations of all accounts to ensure their accuracy
11. Maintain the petty cash fund
12. Maintain an orderly accounting filing system
13. Maintain the chart of accounts
14. Maintain the annual budget
15. Calculate variances from the budget and report significant issues to management
16. Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements
17. Process payroll in a timely manner
18. Provide clerical and administrative support to management as requested
Resumes can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org