The Brand Manager position is an exciting and unique opportunity to join the Marketing team of one of the fastest growing brands in the natural foods industry. The candidate will play a key role in the development and implementation of marketing strategy, goals & plans while maintaining a deliberate, laser focus on initiatives that will have measureable impact on brand value to aid in achieving both company and department goals. The candidate should support a positive company culture and embody the brand personality and ideals in daily job functions as well as colleague interactions.
• P&L Responsibility- Develops annual brand plans and is accountable for the profit/loss of their assigned brands. Monitors and tracks financial performance to ensure delivery of sales and profit plans. This includes working closely with Sales Strategy on volume and trade spend, coordinating with Accounting and Operations on cost of goods, and managing their assigned marketing budget to the appropriate spend.
• Brand Strategy- Leads development and execution of brand strategies and annual brand marketing plans including business objectives, consumer and channel strategies, and translation of strategies to the consumer through all elements of the marketing mix. Drives organization and customer engagement, alignment and passion for brand strategy and annual plans.
• Insight Development- Works with Consumer Insights to develop market research plans through internal, external, primary and secondary resources. Translates insights into actionable consumer driven marketing plans. Understand and communicate brand’s unique selling propositions to key stakeholders during the Annual Operating Planning Process (below) – internal executive team, cross functional team, field sales, suppliers, retailers and consumers.
• Innovation- Lead cross-functional teams in brand extension and renovation innovation efforts. Progress critical innovation initiatives to stage gate meetings. In conjunction with the Sales Strategy team, develops sales support materials for major programs and new item launches. Works closely with Consumer Insights on the execution of consumer research and new product design. Leads projects that may include packaging redesigns, product formulation changes, sales collateral development, and media executions such as digital, owned and earned media tactics.
• Project Management- Manage all brand projects including, but not limited to, advertising, merchandising, promotions, and innovation. Lead development of creative briefs that give focused direction to program teams/agencies to develop world class programs that build equity and deliver results. Ensure integration of all elements of marketing mix, driving cohesive and impactful messaging and trademark consistency in all communications. Provides advertising and marketing insight and direction for cross-functional teams through the company. Interacts daily with seasoned creative and media agency team members. Provides relationship management with external agencies, vendors or business partners.
• This role requires 10% company-related travel
• Understanding of brand marketing and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment and possess a creative eye
• Excellent time and project management skills
• Excellent working knowledge of basic computer applications
• Results oriented, flexible, resourceful and self-motivated, with the ability to collaborate with key partners internally and externally
• Ability to write routine reports, think critically and optimize programming on-the-fly
• Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers
• Ability to communicate in a fast-paced work environment
• Strong analytical skills, verbal and written communication skills
• Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in marketing or related area
• Undergraduate degree in a business related discipline is desired and marketing focus preferred
Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration