North America Amazon Logistics (AMZL) is looking for an experienced Business Intelligence Engineer to join our new Sustainability team and help attain key sustainability goals using data-backed solutions and tracking impact across the organization. In this role you will work with senior leaders across multiple teams (Worldwide Sustainability, technology teams, senior leaders, operations, business intelligence, etc.) to solve complex data and analytics problems.
In this role you will extract and manipulate data to gather insights and partner with business intelligence teams. You will be responsible for recommending technical concepts to business stakeholders.
Key functions include:
· Own the design, development, and maintenance of ongoing and ad-hoc metrics, reports, and analyses, to drive key business decisions
· Enable effective decision making by retrieving and aggregating data from multiple sources and compiling it into a digestible and actionable format
· Define the data elements to enable analytical and reporting capabilities, and work cross-functionally with other research teams when needed
· Support reporting for weekly, monthly and quarterly business reviews
· Work closely with Data Engineers to build automated processes for large scale data analysis
· Manage backlog of analytics requests; prioritizing most important tasks while communicating expectations and timing of deliverables to stakeholders
· Deep dive into large data sets to answer key business questions using SQL, Excel, and other data manipulation languages.