About the Job:
The Brand Manager will have an integral role on the team responsible for managing and growing KeHE Distributors proprietary brand CADIA (www.mycadia.com). This role entails detail-oriented supplier and product management, leading product innovation, contributing to brand and marketing strategy, partnering on key sales initiatives, leveraging cross-functional and organizational resources, and managing key profit drivers to achieve financial goals. As with all positions at KeHE, we expect that all actions will be consistent with KeHE’s Mission, Vision and Values.
Financial Accountability: Achieve revenue, profitability, growth and other financial targets. This role requires a strong understanding of financial levers and key profit drivers including topline sales, margin, spoils and deductions, promotions, and marketing spend.
Product Management & New Product Development
o Constantly evolve the Own Brand assortment to improve our selection with on-trend organic and natural items. Be a driving force behind KeHE Own Brands product development with responsibility for the entire product life cycle from concept to commercialization.
o Ideation: Bring forward innovative concepts for new products consistent with brand positioning.
o Sourcing: Seek suppliers who provide items with key brand attributes.
o Supplier Screening: Determine supplier capabilities; verify certifications, production run size, logistics, guaranteed shelf life, etc.
o Negotiations: Work with suppliers to achieve the right product attributes, cost, terms, and logistics solution.
o Projections: Provide current and potential suppliers with volume estimates for production and inventory needs.
o Logistics: Determine the target load size, freight rates and warehouse needs to inform buy strategy and pricing analysis.
o Pricing: Work with Brand Operation Specialist to determine target wholesale/retail and meet strategic margin objectives.
o Packaging Execution: Work with internal designer, broker, and suppliers to create and execute packaging that meets regulatory requirements and stands out on shelf.
o Implementation: Work within KeHE systems to set up items and cut PO’s. Communicate key selling points to partners in marketing and sales.
o Portfolio Optimization: Identify SKUs and product lines for discontinuation as appropriate.
Supplier & Supply Chain Management:
o Work with current and new suppliers to understand their business, capabilities and constraints.
o Provide forecasts for existing programs.
o Work with suppliers to address issues causing out-of-stock conditions.
o Manage solutions for aging inventory.
o Negotiate improved pricing and terms with suppliers.
o Manage implementation of supplier cost changes.
o Manage the exit of unprofitable SKU’s and vendor transitions.
o Implement buy strategy changes to achieve efficiency, freshness, and cost reduction objectives.
o Facilitate sales to export customers and other alternate channels.
o Initiate and manage recall and product withdrawal processes as needed.
Sales & Marketing Support:
o Oversee customer affairs and respond to consumer issues and inquiries.
o Support the development of marketing tactics and sales collateral in line with brand strategy and channel goals.
o Advise on promotional and merchandising strategies.
o Represent the brands at national trade shows.
Basic Qualifications, Skills, and Knowledge Required:
• Bachelor’s in Marketing, Communications, Business, or related field.
• Five (5) or more years in relevant retail or consumer product industry role.
• Advanced Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook skills.
• A demonstrated passion for culinary trends, organic food, and healthy lifestyle.
• Familiarity with FDA labelling regulations, good manufacturing practices, and 3rd party certifications (i.e. USDA Organic, Non-GMO Project Verified) preferred.
• Experience with syndicated data (SPINS, Nielsen, Spectra, etc.) preferred.
• Adaptable: Ability to effectively manage a wide variety of tasks simultaneously. Comfortable operating in a fast-paced environment with rapidly shifting priorities.
• Goal-oriented: Tenacious focus on identifying opportunities, pursuing solutions, and achieving results.
• Motivated: An energetic self-starter who possesses initiative, a sense of urgency, and an unyielding positive attitude.
• Organized: Effective time management and project management skills with an obsessive attention to detail.
• Analytical: Ability to analyze data, deliver insights and implement changes.
• Team player: Demonstrated ability to work productively and effectively in a team environment. Comfort working cross-functionally across all facets of the business.
• Student of the Industry: We love passionate foodies, natural product enthusiasts, and sustainability advocates.
Must include: Cover letter, resume, and salary requirements.