Join the Sovos Brands team, representing real, delicious food for the way you live!
We’re currently seeking a Category Manager in Broomfield, CO, who will provide category and shopper insights to elevate Sovos influence with our customers and deliver growth to our brands.
Sovos Brands is a new kind of food and beverage company with a mission to acquire and build one-of-a-kind brands. We’re dedicated to bringing today’s consumers simple, great-tasting food that fits the way they live. We invest in brands that have exciting growth potential, combining industry expertise with fresh thinking to bring our products into more homes across America.
The brands in our portfolio include Michael Angelo’s, a leading producer of premium, authentic frozen Italian entrées; Rao’s Homemade, a producer of super premium pasta sauces and other Italian specialty foods; and noosa yoghurt, a producer of premium yoghurt made with whole milk and wildflower North American honey.
Sovos has the experience of an industry leader, and the financial backing of Advent International, one of the world’s largest private equity firms.
Find out more about Sovos at www.sovosbrands.com, Michael Angelo’s at www.michaelangelos.com, noosa at www.noosayoghurt.com, and Rao’s Homemade at www.raos.com.
We don’t have a mission statement as those are well intentioned, but often end up being meaningless.
We have 6 GUIDING PRINCIPLES which we live by:
• Lead with courage and tenacity
• Focus on quality
• Obsess with the front line
• Communicate with candor and respect
• Enjoy the ride
• Be nimble
About the Position:
This position plays a lead role in developing meaningful analysis and insights for both the Rao’s brand team on category dynamics as well as support for top tier customers across the Sovos brands.
What you’ll do?
• Aiding in the development and commercialization of Category Management strategy, guidelines, tools and processes to meet business objectives
• Analyzing syndicated and other data sources to prepare and deliver routine reports and presentations
• Identifying customer opportunities through Category Management scorecards and other gap analysis
• Leveraging customer, industry, market and competitive information to develop solution-based sales presentations
• Collaborating with Sales Team, utilizing the total Sovos offerings to meet their needs to drive sales and profitable opportunities for the category and Sovos.
• Utilizing understanding of market dynamics, consumer trends, and shopper trends to deliver category insights to internal and external stakeholders
• Leading and presenting optimized assortment and shelving recommendations
• Participating in routine internal processes and deliverables (AOP, SMART, Sell-ins, etc.)
What Qualification/ Experience do you bring?
• Related Bachelor’s degree and at least two years of successful CPG Sales experience in Category Management/Insights/Strategy
• Demonstrated knowledge of Category Management practices and tools, including IRI and/or Nielsen POS and Panel data, Kantar/Mintel, and Shopper Card Data
• Advanced Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
• Demonstrated analytical capability
• Ability to work successfully and efficiently in conditions which include multiple and sometimes conflicting priorities
• Ability to leverage multiple data sources, identify key opportunities and create action-oriented recommendations and selling stories
• Experience providing industry, consumer and customer trends to develop strategies and action plans
What can you expect from us (Our Benefits)?
An excellent work environment and a very lively and supportive company culture. Besides that, we offer a competitive total compensation package and complete benefit program, including 401k plan with company match. We also provide you the opportunity to balance your professional and personal lives with Paid Time Off, Paid Holiday, Paid Volunteer Time, Parental Leave, Tuition Reimbursement program and an Employee Assistance program.
Are you the Category Manager we are looking for?
Apply now by sending your CV and a brief motivation to Ishita Raj at email@example.com.
We look forward to getting to know you!
We maintain a drug and alcohol-free workplace. All candidates offered a position will be required to pass a pre-employment drug test. We participate in E-Verify.
Sovos brands is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Sovos Brands is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Please send inquiries to Ishita Raj at firstname.lastname@example.org.