Colorado Food Works started in 2016 with a few food industry friends getting together every month to chat about the local food and beverage scene. As word spread about the meetings, the group grew. In a matter of months meetings grew so large more space than a restaurant table was needed. Today, CFW has grown into the one of the foremost food and beverage industry support and networking groups in Colorado. Our membership has ballooned to over 500 people in two quick years… with no end to growth in site.
Colorado Food Works is seeking enthusiastic members of the Natural food industry that are willing and able to help our community grow and continue to provide value. We are looking for candidates with the skill sets we need to continue our growth. While we are hiring for specific skill focus areas, board members wear many hats and work in a collaborative atmosphere.
Position: Communications Team
The Perfect Candidate:
- A love for food and food business (duh)
- Social listening & content creation experience a must, big ups for LinkedIn experience.
- An eye for, and acuity with, creating actionable insights for content improvement, partnerships, themes and trends in food media – see the unicorn frappuccino coming, know that it’s gross, post about it anyway.
- Strong communication skills – don’t just know how to dot your i’s and cross your t’s, bring your enthusiasm to your copy, to your content, to your drink order.
- Graphic design experience is great – even if it’s a mastery of Canva, not Creative Suite.
- Ability to make new friends in a professional environment – but ya know, Colorado professional. No need for a suit and tie here, but we are a networking organization. Be outgoing and confident enough to walk up to a stranger at an event. Make them feel welcomed and included, and hopefully get them to join the organization.
What this role does:
- Helps with planning strategy and rationale for social plans and overall social content strategy.
- Works with communications and events team to create and market outstanding events in the networking, education and wellbeing space.
- Attends at least 75% of CFW events, help set them up and break them down as necessary, and make at least 3 new friends while you’re doing it. Your full-time job comes first, we get that, but we also need board members who get that this (volunteer) position is a real time commitment with its own deadlines and actionable items.
- Have a lot of fun! We’re a good group of folks who are passionate about what we do, and get pumped when we talk about it with other people in our field. If this sounds like something that you could do, and do it with a big smile on your face, come be our friend!
Other Things We Like:
2+ years of experience in the natural food industry.
- Be able to commit 1-2 hours per week to board member and sub-committee duties
- Be able to able attend 75%+ of monthly board meetings. (1stMonday of every month)
- Be able to attend 75%+ of CFW’s events and networking gatherings.
- Social by nature – intimately involved in social listening and monitoring to uncover the right opportunities.
- Self-motivated, plans but can make changes on the fly when the opportunity arises.
- Passionate and loves working and contributing to the ever-growing Natural Food community in Denver
**If interested in applying for open board seats, please send an email with resume to firstname.lastname@example.org on why you’d like to join this amazing team!