Board Position – Events Team
Colorado Food Works started in 2016 with a few food industry friends getting together every month to chat about the local food and beverage scene. As word spread about the meetings, the group grew. In a matter of months meetings grew so large more space than a restaurant table was needed. Today, CFW has grown into one of the foremost food and beverage industry support and networking groups in Colorado. Our membership has ballooned to over 500 people in two quick years… with no end to growth in site.
Colorado Food Works is seeking enthusiastic members of the Natural food industry that are willing and able to help our community grow and continue to provide value. We are looking for candidates with the skill sets we need to continue our growth. While we are hiring for specific skill focus areas, board members wear many hats and work in a collaborative atmosphere.
Position: Events Team
The Perfect Candidate:
- A love for food and food business (duh)
- A master of organization and detail management.
- Experience with event management platforms/software is a plus, but not necessary.
- A party planner. Because who doesn’t like a party? Help plan, organize and execute the details of our monthly events.
- Be a friendly and engaging face to the Colorado Food Works organization.
What this role does:
- Works with the CFW events team to organize, plan and execute the details of our 12-15 annual events. Coordinate with venues, educational panelists and other CFW committees.
- Communicate internally with the CFW board to delegate out event responsibilities.
- Have a lot of fun! We’re a good group of folks who are passionate about what we do, and get pumped when we talk about it with other people in our field. If this sounds like something that you could do, and do it with a big smile on your face, come be our friend!
Other Things We Like:
- 2+ years of experience in the natural food industry.
- Be able to commit 1-2 hours per week to board member and sub-committee duties
- Be able to able attend 75%+ of monthly board meetings. (1stMonday of every month)
- Be able to attend 75%+ of CFW’s events and networking gatherings.
- Social by nature – intimately involved in social listening and monitoring to uncover the right opportunities.
- Self-motivated, plans but can make changes on the fly when the opportunity arises.
- Passionate and loves working and contributing to the ever-growing Natural Food community in Denver
**If interested in applying for open board seats, please send an email with resume to email@example.com on why you’d like to join this amazing team!