Communications Manager (Board Position)
Colorado Food Works started in 2016 with a few food industry friends getting together every month to chat about the local food and beverage scene. As word spread about the meetings, the group grew. In a matter of months meetings grew so large more space than a restaurant table was needed. Today, CFW has grown into the foremost food and beverage industry support and networking group in Denver. We hope to see you at our next networking and education event!
Colorado Food Worksis seeking an experienced Communications Manager to join our amazing board! Our ideal new board member is the face and voice of our brand crafting our story in a way that fosters engagement, grows our community and actively engages with our member audience via Social Media, Emails, etc.
• Community management; foster engagement and advocacy by bringing value to the community. This means proactive posting & management of content and reactive responses to community inquiries/posts.
• Strategic development; collaborate with the board to develop engagement strategies that help achieve business objectives. Develop creative activations/content based on key consumer insights in a voice that speaks to key audiences and drives overall brand/business objectives.
• Content management & creation; create and manage social media calendars across multiple platforms. This includes collaborating with brand team on key planning/event dates, nuancing content across the platforms and developing copy and images for individual pieces of content.
• Strong communication is essential, will be working in cross functional team environment; collaborating with our board and working closely with the team to develop the right content for social.
• Understand the ever – changing social landscape and are closely in tune with overall social conversations, can quickly identify popular culture trends and can creatively insert our brand where it makes the most sense and can drive engagement.
• Creative writer; understand the brand voice and how to adopt it to the social environment. Can handle content critiques and revisions from superiors and team members.
• Email blast – Creates and Executes a bi-monthly member newsletter for upcoming events and updates.
• Ability to attend our events 1 per month in Denver and contribute positively as an active member of the CFW Board. Also, monthly/quarterly board meetings.
What we’re looking for:
• Bachelor’s degree in Communication preferred
• 2-4+ years of experience creating and managing social media content for the natural food industry.
• Expert knowledge of all social platforms (posting, scheduling, analytics and creating content)
• Experience with social listening and publishing tools
• Content and editorial ninja
• Social by nature – intimately involved in social listening and monitoring to uncover the right brand opportunities.
• Self-motivated, plans but can make changes on the fly when the opportunity arises.
• Strong project management skills
• Passionate and loves working and contributing to the ever-growing Natural Food community in Denver
**If interested in applying for this open board seat, please send an email with resume to
Jeff@highlandsrecruitment.com on why you’d like to join this amazing team!