NOW HIRING: Community Manager
Impact Hub Boulder is a shared workspace and event space for entrepreneurs and mission-driven organizations. Located in the heart of downtown Boulder, Impact Hub is the place to build ideas, establish connections, and community. Our members are a vibrant, diverse, and growing community of people dedicated to driving positive change in Boulder and beyond. We focus on two things. The first is cultivating community. The second is running an inclusive, inspiring, and functional space that connects ideas, resources, and people necessary for making tangible social impact. The Impact Hub team is active, engaged, and entrepreneurial. We specialize in hosting cutting-edge community events offered by vetted organizations and leaders in our space. This is where change goes to work.
The purpose of the Community Manager is to tend to the key relationships in our member community: member-to-member and company-to-member. This role is ideal for a strong-connector, someone who loves people, is an exceptional communicator and is a natural at building relationships. Experience in community and events management is desired. The Community Manager’s main goals are: onboarding and helping new members connect and build strong relationships; creating shared experiences for members; and managing all member events. This role is essentially the conduit of a healthy and vibrant community and the key curator of the Impact Hub Boulder member experience. The Community Manager will also work closely with our partner organization, Impact Hub Academy.
More specifically, the Community Manager’s areas of responsibility are:
Hosting member-only events and gatherings: Designs, coordinates, and executes shared experiences and bonding opportunities that increase the value of participating in the members-only community, for example:
● Member Lunch: our quarterly member lunch that have a facilitated aspect to engage members during lunch.
● Wine Down or Happy Hours: our monthly “meet your Hub neighbor” experience.
● Various events hosted by members and Boulder community partners.
● Host holiday events such as our annual Thanksgiving potluck for Hub members and their families and the Hub Holiday Party! Member Communications Strategy: The Community Manager sets the direction for and manages the members-only communications, including:
● Setting the aims and aspirations for the members-only newsletter and its production.
● Creating systems and procedures for members-only newsletter management.
● Writing campaign communications to keep members informed and make requests of members (e.g. coworking space use, special closings, take surveys, address current affairs, etc.)
Membership Services & Member Experience: This role is the curator, the driver and director for the everyday “vibe” of the space – a general awesome feeling that resonates when you walk in the door – which begins with the onboarding experience and carries through to integration into the membership community, all the while delivering exceptional member experience.
● Orientation to the culture of the space and community and designing a delightful experience from submission of membership application to integration in the space.
● Ensuring smooth onboarding experience to virtual platforms and serving as a virtual moderator and host on active social media platforms.
● Evaluating and working with the Director of Operations & Membership to address space usechallenges.
● Conducting regular surveys of the members and analysis to inform community services, programming, and space use.
● Designing and creating prototype programs and services to improve the value of the space and membership for members.
● Assisting with occasional hosting coverage if/when needed. Hosts are responsible for the logistical aspects of the physical space and on the ground delivery of member services (i.e. everything from managing the front desk and reception, making sure the space and rooms are fully ready for use, to managing conference room bookings).
● Coordinating educational and workshop opportunities to address member interests and needs.
● Managing work trade members and volunteers to support the execution of all Community Manager responsibilities
Reports To: Board Management Committee
About You: You are excited about working to cultivate our diverse community of collaborators to inspire and enable our members to create impact for a better world through business. In addition, you have:
● Experience in community management is desired, though experience in hospitality or the service industry is a plus.
● Event Planning and Marketing experience
● Strong customer service & communication skills. Ability to stay positive during challenging and/or busy situations
● Up-to-date knowledge on topics such as social innovation, entrepreneurship and sustainability
● Desire to empower and support our members and event attendees
● Attention to detail and ability to coordinate multiple, concurrent projects & relationships. Strong ability to prioritize tasks and work well under deadline
● Proficient and experienced MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and experienced with basic computer platforms such as: Google Suite, Eventbrite, MailChimp. Graphic Design and WordPress experience a plus
● Social media proficiency in promoting events and overall engagement. Additional Skills:
● Someone who takes joy in working collaboratively with your team members
● Organized, detail-oriented, action-oriented, adaptable and entrepreneurial
● Mission-driven, self-directed, with loads of integrity and a positive attitude
● Someone who enjoys planning, coordinating and hosting gatherings and events
● A creative problem solver, willing and able to work independently and collaboratively
Education: An undergraduate degree in Marketing or Communications would be a plus
Work Experience: 2 years+ proven track record with entrepreneurial or non-profit being a plus.
Work Schedule & Arrangements: Full-time position. Some evening or weekend work required for events.
Compensation: This position is salaried exempt, with medical, dental and vision benefits, 3 weeks paid time off (PTO) per year. Salary commensurate with experience.
Additional Benefits: This position offers significant opportunity to build a professional career path, learn about entrepreneurship, receive valuable mentorship, connect with a network of business owners and learn from and engage with a community of changemakers. The Impact Hub Events Coordinator will have unique exposure to a wide variety of diverse events and collaborative opportunities. There are possibilities for advancement in this role based on performance.
To Apply: Please send cover letter and resume to Emmett Skiles, Director of Operations & Membership, at: email@example.com.