Customer Insights Manager
The Customer Insights Manager will closely monitor key category performance and competitive activity nationally. This role will work with sales & marketing to develop, lead and communicate fact-based analysis and insights to drive category topline sales objectives.
The Customer Insights Manager partners with sales & marketing teams to influence, build, and deploy tools / insights that effectively leverage syndicated data and in-depth shopper card data to drive topline sales and company growth.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Support the HAIN Pure Protein business by serving as a Category Development Manager. Acts as the category “go to person” for Field Sales and internal Brand teams; possesses deep knowledge of brands and brands’ strategies across entire Hain Protein business.
• Serve as backup for Category Development Managers as needed particularly on Baby Food, Tea, and Nut Butters & Soup.
• Responsible for various monthly consumption reporting & analysis utilizing SPINS, IRI & Nielsen.
• Support the SVP with Investor Relations functions, Board of Directors presentations, and other internal meetings as needed.
• Leveraging insights and resources through the utilization of a broad range of data sources (IRI, SPINS, 84.51, Panel) to develop strategies & merchandising recommendations to our retail partners.
• Synthesize information and insights into selling story, category and business reviews.
• Deliver Category Management presentations to retailers and distributors to build partnerships and grow our core categories.
• Assist SVP to ensure all staff members are properly trained and receiving the guidance needed on a project by project basis.
• Serve as backup to SVP when that position is traveling or otherwise unavailable.
• Provides general analytical support and guidance for the sales and category team
• Be proficient in interpreting shopper and consumer research to drive category solutions development with our customers.
• 4+ years in a Category Management role or Relevant Sales/Category Experience
• Strong analytical, project management and written/oral communication skills
• Advanced mathematical knowledge
• Advanced Excel Skills
• Ability to travel 25% of the time
• Category leadership, retail sales & analytics expertise
• Shopper Insights knowledge
• Bachelor’s degree
• Expert understanding of assigned market trends, customers, competition, etc.
• Experience with Nielsen, SPINS or IRI
• Experience analyzing data & translating to recommendations
• Excellent organizational skills, ability to prioritize multiple priorities and strong attention to detail.
• Computer skills including MS Office programs such as Outlook, Word, Excel PowerPoint.
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate (verbal/writing) effectively.
• Self-motivated and strong analytical / problem solving skills.
• Ability to collaborate at all levels of the organization and across other functional areas.
• Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality