Ripple Foods, a fast-growing, entrepreneurial plant-based food tech company, exists to make dairy free done right: great tasting plant-based products that are nourishing to your body and leave a small footprint on the planet. We believe that the smallest actions can have far reaching impacts. We don’t claim that plant-based foods will save the world, but we think it can help. And we know it makes us happier and healthier.
Ripple Foods is looking for a Director, eCommerce to manage and drive our Amazon business with a strong focus on revenue and velocity goals as well as make recommendations to improve and enhance our Direct-to-Consumer webstore and other third-party sites. In short, the new Director, eCommerce will lead the strategic development of Ripple’s comprehensive eCommerce strategy.
This role reports to the Vice President, Sales but will require significant cross-functional collaboration with Marketing, as well. Ideally, this role will be based out of Denver, CO but we are open to remote locations provided the candidate is willing and able to travel as required. We are a small but mighty team – join us!
- P&L accountability across eCommerce channel with specific knowledge and experience managing product / customer mix to achieve desired financial outcomes.
- Drive incremental revenue through existing and new digital channels, including Amazon.com, Amazon Fresh, Thrive Market, Lucky Vitamin, Alibaba, Ripple DTC, retailer sites and others.
- Maintain product listing integrity across all eCommerce platforms; work with the brand teams to develop necessary content and collateral to achieve best-in-class PDPs.
- Monitor and report on Key Performance Metrics (KPIs) and provide strategic guidance for future sales and marketing planning to senior management on a weekly basis.
- Own the e-commerce product portfolio: Ensure new Ripple products are launched onto platforms and existing products are forecasted correctly and kept in stock by communicating forecast changes to supply planning on a monthly basis.
- Manage Trade: Actively manage against the weekly and monthly goals in the sales/spend forecasts.
- Collaborate with social marketing team to commercialize social content, execute A/B testing and other strategies to improve engagement metrics and conversion.
- Work in conjunction with the social digital team to monitor SEM and SEO and consistently adjust based on results and ROI.
- Work with Sales and Shopper Marketing to develop comprehensive promotion and marketing plans that drives overall sales across brick and mortar and e-commerce at retail partners.
- Lead strategic Omnichannel vision and innovative thinking in conjunction with retailers on how to drive combined goals, growth and shopper conversion.
- Work with the product development team to understand full product launch calendar and plan e-commerce strategy for announcing new product campaigns.
- Oversee brand’s digital shelf (product description and imagery on retailer sites, third-party marketplaces, mobile apps, company websites, and other eCommerce channels).
- Experienced in managing and optimizing a Shopify site to increase engagement and conversion.
- Experienced in crafting and implementing multi-layered, complimentary strategies across Instacart, CPG retailer-specific online marketing and CPG e-commerce at significant scale.
- Knowledge of Amazon inventory planning (FBA and FBM) with proven ability to successfully manage inventory positions at Amazon to ensure product availability and eliminate out of stocks.
- Strong analytical mindset: skilled at interpreting KPIs and leveraging data-driven insights; competent in forecasting and delivering against revenue and trade forecasts.
- Success in building effective media/trade spend plans; willingness to test-and-learn to identify highest ROI investments across platforms.
- Ability to adapt to changing operational requirements in pursuit of the sales targets.
- Expert knowledge of the full digital landscape (e.g. social media and online merchandising); motivated to track industry trends and competitive action and apply best practices and insights to role.
- Minimum 12+ years of experience in a role working with Vendor Central, Seller Central (FBM & FBA), and Amazon-related media/marketing programs tools.
- Strong knowledge of website analytical tools such as Google Analytics and Google Search Console.
- 5+ years management of vendor partners
- Bachelor’s degree in eCommerce, Business, Marketing other related field preferred
- No ego – you are ready to roll up your sleeves and do whatever needs to be done.
- An inclusive and collaborative environment where all ideas are welcome, iteration is encouraged, and the best ideas are adopted. As a certified B-corporation we go the extra mile to ensure our business benefits our employees, our consumers, our local community and the world around us.
- Health care coverage for you and your family: Ripple covers 100% for employees and 80% for dependents.
- Generous time off: the freedom you need to take time away from work to rest and recharge.
- Pay It Forward or Give It Back: 20 hours paid time each year to volunteer. Join a planned event or volunteer individually for a cause that matters to you.
- Paid bonding leave for new parents and pregnancy disability leave.
- Financial and Emotional Wellness Programs: Equity grants, 401(k) offering, life insurance and access to our Employee Assistance Program.
Visit this site for additional details, including compensation range: