Fresca Foods is a Colorado-based manufacturer of natural and organic foods founded over 20 years ago. We seek out, acquire, and grow companies that are transforming traditional food categories with innovative, flavor-forward snacks made from real food. Additionally, we partner with innovative companies that inspire conscious consumers and transform traditional food categories. Our commitment to excellence, passionate and talented team, and our creativity and flexibility have made Fresca a recognized leader and employer of choice. Over the past decade, Fresca has grown by thousands of percent in revenue, cases shipped, employees, and manufacturing space. Fresca is recognized as a Top 50 Employer in Boulder County, 2016 Colorado Manufacturer of the Year, 2016 winner for Outstanding Innovation, and 2015 finalist for Entrepreneur of the Year. Fresca is also a leader in community service. We consistently receive high marks in ethical audits and give our time and resources to community organizations such as Community Food Share, Food Bank of the Rockies, and EFAA. The next ten years will be even more exciting than the last ten, and we are excited to welcome new highly motivated and talented team members to our family.
Fresca Foods is seeking an accomplished engineering professional with hands-on experience managing large capital budgets, a wide array of capital equipment and multiple food manufacturing facilities. This position requires a candidate practiced and skilled in communication, leadership and technical direction setting within all levels of the company: operations, management, finance, Food Safety Quality, R&D, technical services, marketing, vendors, contractors and customers.
Job Purpose Summary
The Director of Engineering is responsible for providing leadership, direction setting and management for the technical operation functions at Fresca Foods which include engineering, facilities and maintenance. The role requires interface at all levels within the company, both in the manufacturing facilities and corporate management.
– Effective interface with multiple cross functional teams including operations, management, finance, Food Safety Quality, R&D, technical services, marketing, vendors, contractors, customers and all levels of manufacturing personnel
– Prepare, request and manage the capital resource allocations of the company to meet growth while improving the manufacturing efficiency
– Effective allocation of team resources to execute projects and ensure that key project initiatives, objectives, scope, budgets and timelines are met.
– Collaborate with external partners to assist in the development of scalable manufacturing processes
– Must practice proven decision-making skills, working effectively under pressure and possessing the integrity to make the right decisions
– Support, develop and implement the risk management and continuous improvement plans for the organization
– Contribute to senior management team, guiding strategic decisions and resource allocation
– Lead technical service teams in day-to-day operations, provide key expertise, supervise the heads of departments, and set performance goals
– Drive the teams towards a TPM environment
– Responsible for maintaining a safe and food safe work environment
Skills & Knowledge
– Solid engineering technical base refined with extensive food manufacturing experience
– Strong knowledge of plant operations, utilities, maintenance, food manufacturing, packaging lines and building construction
– Ability to analyze, compare and recommend engineering proposals, capital estimates, concept layouts and feasibility studies
– Possess a common-sense approach to addressing technical opportunities
– Develop long term engineering and maintenance strategies including facility layouts, equipment standards, utility infrastructure and total productive maintenance
– Ability to prioritize tasks in order to meet expected goals with stated timeframes
– Strong leadership skills and the ability to make critical decisions that result in meeting organizational goals
– Hands-on knowledge of block and process flow diagrams, change management, design management, food safety design requirements, TPM, Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing
– Working knowledge of food manufacturing FDA guidelines, FSMA, SQF 3rd party certification requirements
– Ability to work in a hands-on environment
– Ability to provide direction at all levels of the organization
Education & Experience
– Bachelor’s degree required, advanced degree in engineering or business preferred
– Engineering leadership required
– Four plus years of experience in managing in a food production environment