Summary of Position: It is the responsibility of the Director of Operations to direct operational activities to ensure the timely production and delivery of Motherlove products in a cost-efficient manner within quality standards. The duties of the position include oversight and direction of the Production, Supply Chain, Quality Assurance, and Logistics Departments. Through effective executive leadership, the Director of Operations will accelerate departmental development to achieve long-term success.
Duties and Responsibilities:
-Participate in strategic planning for company growth and development
-Work with executive team to revise and/or formulate policies and promote their implementation
-Manage budget and controls expenses effectively
-Evaluate overall performance by gathering, analyzing and interpreting data and metrics
-Develop processes that will maximize stewardship, safety, and productivity
-Develop team members and departments as necessary
-Oversee planning and monitoring of daily production and manufacturing activities
-Evaluate and improve the efficiency of operational procedures according to industry best practices and organizational objectives
-Allocate resources effectively and fully utilize assets to produce optimal results
-Research and oversee equipment purchases
– Oversee demand planning, supply planning and procurement process
– Coordinate material and inventory allocation
– Create and maintain relationships with partners/vendors
– Optimize lead times and inventory with consideration to cash flow
– Responsible for warehouse oversight
– Manage resources to achieve efficient and cost-effective shipments
– Improve procedures and systems for inventory rotation and monitoring
– Responsible for maintaining quality standards on production of all products
– Ensure all documentation and SOPs comply with FDA regulations
– Monitor all processes to be in-line with GMPs
– Manage safety program, including procedures to minimize repetitive motion injuries
Perform other duties as required
– Provide outstanding leadership to team members, including opportunities for coaching and development
– Identify patterns and problem areas, and implement effective solutions
– Liaise with other departments including Finance and Marketing to achieve overall business objectives
– Research and implement new directives for business growth and prosperity
– BS/BA in Business Administration or relevant field, MBA a plus
– 5+ years operations leadership experience CPG/Manufacturing
– Experience in Natural Products industry
– Familiarity with industry standard equipment and technical expertise
– Strong team-building and people management skills
– Ability to create accountability and lead by example
– Analytical skills to evaluate data and make operational decisions
– Strategic thinking and future focused
Work Environment and Physical Demands
– This position is based in a typical office environment, with a quiet-to-moderately high noise level, with light traffic and typical office disquiet.
– This position requires frequent use of standard office equipment including telephone and computers.
– Employee will be required to sit for the majority of each day.
– May require working under stressful conditions due to deadlines and time constraints.
– Monday through Thursday, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm, Friday 9:00 am to 4:00 pm; additional time as required
Please Note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job. Duties, responsibilities or qualifications may change at any time with or without notice.
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com.