Position Title: DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS
Department: Finance & Operations
Reports To: Vice President of Finance & Operations
FLSA Status: Full-time/Exempt/Salaried/Benefits
Location: Denver, CO – Headquarters / Louisville, CO – Contract Manufacturing
About 34 Degrees:
34 Degrees is the maker of all-natural, wafer-thin crackers that are simply good to eat. We created 34° Crisps as the perfect companion to the world’s favorite cheeses, but the truth is we love them straight from the box, too. The light crisps, inspired by travels and culinary experiences throughout Australia, are baked in sweet and savory varieties and are available in deli departments of grocery stores throughout North America.
Our Denver-based company has strong momentum. This is an exciting time to join! We are a hard-working, high-spirited, entrepreneurial team of savvy brand builders and fanatical food lovers. We are committed to making exceptional products that are unique, versatile, and remarkably delicious. We love to pair and we love to share – in fact, we donate 1% of all the crisps we bake, plus our time volunteering as a team, to causes that fight hunger in our local community.
About the opportunity:
As the Director of Operations, you will be an essential contributor to fulfilling the mission of 34 Degrees. You will work closely with the Finance & Operations team and our contract manufacturer to oversee all operational functions. You will collaborate with our manufacturing partner as a liaison and project manager. This position is ideally suited for the candidate who thrives in a start-up culture.
Duties and responsibilities include:
• Manage and improve the overall performance of production, quality control, product development, supply chain, logistics, and distribution activities.
• Develop and implement new systems, processes, and best practices to support continuous improvement of finished product and operational ways-of-working.
• Establish training programs to ensure standards for quality and efficiency are achieved.
• Participate in internal processes to build sales forecasts, budgets, and production plans.
• Collaborate with manufacturing partner on systems and procedures around cost control, material usage, capacity planning, production scheduling, freight and logistics, etc.
• Ensure adherence to GMPs, regulatory compliance, and third party food safety and quality standards.
• Develop and implement project plans to commercialize innovation priorities.
• Manage use and maintenance of current equipment, and oversee the installation of new equipment.
• With the Finance & Operations team, manage freight and other customer logistics processes, ensuring timeliness and integrity of deliveries and communication with customer receiving departments.
• Provide status reports and recommendations regularly to 34 Degrees team and leadership.
• Demonstrated ability to collaborate with and build solid rapport across all levels of an organization
• 5+ years of progressive work experience in food manufacturing; including manufacturing or co-packer management, QA/QC, forecasting, production planning, and project management
• Demonstrated exceptional year-over-year results in key operational metrics
• Results oriented with strong communication and presentation skills
• Exceptionally well organized, attentive to detail with excellent follow up
• Energetic, high performing, motivated professional
• Proven skills in critical thinking and quantitative analysis
• Exhibits a strong work ethic and high level of integrity
• Commitment to company culture and values
• Genuine interest in natural products, food, and an overall healthy lifestyle
• Proficient in a PC environment and with Microsoft Office programs and Google Docs
34 Degrees offers a stimulating, fast-paced, high-growth work environment. Our small but mighty team of dedicated people feels like a tight-knit family. We support one another. We welcome diversity. We have high expectations. We value balance. We celebrate and have fun. Our entrepreneurial culture thrives on the can-do attitude that each of us brings to work every day.
We offer a competitive salary, bonus opportunity, and outstanding benefits to eligible employees, including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, PTO, FSA, 401(k), wellness, professional development, travel, and more. Our hip office space is located near lots of amenities in the heart of one of Denver’s hottest districts – RiNo!
If you’re enthusiastic about joining our team, we’d like to hear from you! Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. The application period is open through August 30, 2017. Please ensure that “Director of Operations – YOUR NAME” is in the subject line. In your cover letter, please tell us how you’ve achieved results on behalf of brands in co-packing relationships.