About Backyard Soda Co.
We are an all natural simple syrup company using whole ingredients to make flavored simple syrups used in natural sodas and cocktail mixers. We are based in Denver, CO, and we will be beginning our production of a full spectrum CBD infused RTD (ready to drink) canned soda in addition to the regular production of our CBD infused and non-infused syrups. Our syrups are distributed in grocery, liquor, and specialty stores along with on-premise accounts such as bars, restaurants and breweries.
The Role: We are looking to bring on a seasoned sales executive to be a part of the management team and grow our new canned product offering in mass market, grocery, liquor and convenience stores. We are looking for this person to be a strategic thinking relationship builder and grower of a new brand in a brand new exciting and high growth category.
The Director of sales will work directly with the founder to implement sales and marketing strategy, expand distribution on a regional and eventually national basis, and build and grow key accounts. This person will need to be a high energy self starter that is excited about taking a new brand from zero to high growth in a quick period of time. It will be important to have established relationships with distribution to get off to a fast start.
– Create, build and maintain strategic partnerships with brokers, retailers and distributors in order to grow the products line of 3-4 SKUs to start.
– Build a sales strategy to target key markets
– Develop and execute promotional programs and activities as needed with accounts to drive high velocity turnover
– Create sales forecasts and budgets to meet revenue and profit goals
– Create sales reporting
– Understand and follow ever changing CBD regulations in states
– Stay informed of competitor products and promotions in the markets where we distribute.
– Create partnerships with potential customers looking to white label our syrup products
– Work with Brand Ambassadors and distribution partners to create events to build awareness
Skills and Qualifications
– Knowledge of broker, distributor and retail customers in a beverage or natural food market
– 3 – 5 years of sales experience in a retail, broker and distributor sales environment
– BA, preferably in Business, Marketing or Finance (MBA preferred)
– Proven track record of sales growth in a brand building environment
– Time Management and solid skill at prioritizing and the ability to weed out distractions that are not going to produce immediate growth
– Team player with strategic thinking skill set and ability to collaborate at all levels
– Ability to build out a sales team as growth demands
– Proficiency using Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
– Experience with forecasting, Nielsen/IRI, POS and Inventory reports
– Flexibility to travel as needed and ability to work trade shows and events as needed
This position will have a salary, commission structure and a significant equity position with the company.
Please send cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org