OVERVIEW: No Cow was founded in 2015 by then 18-year-old Daniel “D” Katz. We’re currently one of the natural food industry’s fastest growing brands – already reaching $10 million in annual sales. As the creators of The No Cow® Bar and protein cookies, we provide consumers with products that are dairy free, soy free, gluten free, vegan, non-GMO, high in plant-based protein, and contain only 1g of sugar per serving! The products are highly differentiated in the plant-based nutrition space with a unique nutritional profile and amazing taste. Our rapidly growing distribution footprint of more than 15,000 doors across the country includes: GNC, Vitamin Shoppe, CVS, Sprouts and Wegmans. The Company is poised to continue to accelerate growth given support from 2x Consumer Products Growth Partners (a leader in growth capital for emerging branded CPG businesses; www.2xpartners.com) and 301 Inc. (the business development and venturing unit of General Mills; see www.301inc.com). Ready to get after it? Come join our team!
JOB TITLE: No Cow Director of Sales – Natural
The Director of Sales-Natural will be responsible for driving sales of the No Cow brand to various retail and distributor partners within the Natural Channel. With the main goal being customer acquisition, this person will work with broker partners to achieve new distribution as well as grow total points of distribution across the entire Natural channel. This role will also assist in the planning, forecasting and trade management of the business as well report back to sales leadership on current market conditions and trends.
• Oversee the development of national natural and specialty accounts such as Whole Foods, Sprouts, NCG, INFRA, Fresh Thyme, Fresh Market, Fairway, Earth Fare, etc
• Manage key natural channel distributors including UNFI, KeHE, etc
• Identify growth opportunities and align cross-functional resources (Finance, Marketing, Operations, etc.) to deliver natural/specialty channel goals.
• Establish and cultivate key buyer relationships and develop and implement creative strategies for expanding the company’s natural/specialty customer base.
• Ensure clear prioritization and strong outcomes with broker partners by truly leading and motivating their teams to have ownership and commitment to the brand.
• Drive new product/category distribution initiatives with strong launch and trial-building initiatives.
• Implement retailer promotional plans in line with sales/marketing plans.
• Deliver distribution, shelf management, pricing and promotional objectives for the Natural/Specialty channel.
• Plan, budget, and forecast sales and expenses to ensure best use of funds.
• Manage overall sales process, setting appropriate metrics for sales management and developing pricing policies as needed.
• Represent the brand passionately at national and retail shows and events to promote product sales.
• Actively monitor the competitive environment.
• Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) or equivalent.
• Candidates must have demonstrated experience in the natural, specialty channels and will ideally have experience calling on Whole Foods Markets
• Must have demonstrated experience tightly managing brokers and distributors.
• Must have a foundation in fact-based sales, be financially astute and have strong analytical capabilities.
• Location-wise, candidates can be based anywhere in the Central or Western Regions and must be willing to travel.
• Cultural fit is an absolute must – the right candidate will be willing to “roll up their sleeves” and get the job done.
• At least 8-10 years sales experience in the food and beverage industry.
• Minimum 3-5 years natural channel account management experience.
• Capable in both the strategic aspects and the hands-on execution of the day-to-day elements of building a brand.
• Excellent team player
• Excellent skills in presentation, negotiation, analysis, customer service, selling, communication, organization.
• Proficient computer skills, specifically in MS Office applications.
• Be flexible and embrace change in a growing and evolving company
Send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org