Plans and implements short and long range sales development programs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
– Builds, develops, directs, and motivates sales contacts to expand sales and implement approved distribution strategies of Frontier products.
– Develops sales strategies for improvement based on fact based selling.
– Manages brokers for the designated food channel to maximize sales.
– Develops and manages sales operating budgets.
– Directs the implementation and execution of sales policies and practices.
– Plans and oversees advertising as well as promotional activities.
– Ensures marketing communications and programs are coordinated and executed.
– Establishes, maintains and improves relationships with key strategic partners and other industry decision makers.
– Meets with key clients to maintain and improve relationships while negotiating close deals.
– Directs sales forecasting activities and sets performance goals accordingly.
– Prepares periodic sales reports showing status of the business.
– Reviews and analyzes sales performance against programs, plans and goals to determine effectiveness.
– Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) in sales, marketing, business administration, or related field; and 5 or more years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret such items as highly detailed professional, scientific, and technical journals, and legal documents. Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints from both inside and outside the company. Ability to create and give presentations using original or innovating techniques or style to various levels of executive management and to various industry partners.
Ability to comprehend the most complex financial principles. Ability to use a computer to create highly customized spreadsheets, charts and reports, presentations, and interpret data. Ability to analyze balance sheets, profit and loss statements, and the most detailed types of financial documents, and apply information to make long-term, strategic decisions.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Excellent communication, interpersonal and leadership skills.
Superior analytical skills leading to actionable conclusions and recommendations.
Ability to prioritize, delegate, and oversee multiple projects simultaneously.
Proficiency with Microsoft programs; familiarity with other business software
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Frequent travel is required as meeting frequently with brokers, retailers and other industry partners is an integral aspect of this position. Attendance at various trade shows will also require travel as will internal sales meetings. Level of expectations is no less than 55% of paid time will be spent outside of individuals home office.