Job Title: Director / VP of Sales Reporting to: CEO
Company: The Seaweed Bath Co Location: Boulder, CO
The Seaweed Bath Co is devoted to transforming the skin and hair care ritual by providing nutrient-rich, performance-optimized personal care, hair care and face care formulas that offer visible results and a unique ocean-inspired sensory experience. This is achieved by harnessing the powerful benefits of the seaweed. Our products can be found nationwide at Target, Whole Foods and a wide variety of natural and grocery retailers nationwide. The company is PE-backed and well capitalized, undergoing rapid growth.
Manage our rapidly growing nationwide distribution footprint which includes: Whole Foods, Target and a wide variety of independent natural stores, coops and grocery accounts. The Director/VP of Sales is responsible for the planning and execution of sales strategies to drive growth. The role includes calling on key accounts and managing 3rd party broker teams in addition to managing The Seaweed Bath Co regional sales managers. This position reports to the CEO.
Both a key member of the leadership team and a hands-on doer, this position requires a highly- motivated individual with strong sales skills and acumen, fantastic interpersonal skills, and the ability to partner with both internal and external stakeholders. Candidate must have strong track record of success, be able to work in a team environment, and be passionate about meeting stretch objectives.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Develop, implement and drive strategic sales plans that support company’s revenue goals and strategic initiatives
• Build and maintain relationships with existing and new retailers and independents – this includes managing communication, developing sales presentations, evaluating and optimizing business for growth and profitability
• Plan for, participate and support trade events and show
• Develop annual promotional plans and budget and manage across all channels
• Build and deliver effective presentations and trainings to sales reps, brokers and customers
• Manage Field Brand Ambassador program and optimize for retail demo’s, customer education, etc. with Regional Sales Managers
• Evaluate, analyze and improve the effectiveness of sales processes and systems
• Participates in and coordinates trade shows and trade events with regional sales
• Monitor competitive and market activity, category trends and provide feedback andrecommendations to executive team
• Compile and review category, key account and other sales data for share out to the lead team, sales team and full company
• Minimum of 8 years of experience in various sales functions ideally including prior experience with both big company and entrepreneurial company experience (e.g. revenue under $20 million)
• Demonstrated record of success with exceptional leadership and relationship building across channels of trade
• Prior experience building teams and coaching team members to support aggressive business growth
• Strong presentation, communication and interpersonal skills
• Key leadership characteristics: collaborative, leadership/drive for results, flexible, strongcommunicator, player/coach mentality with ability to roll up sleeves
• Excitement and passion for natural products and lifestyle
• Ability and flexibility to travel (required 50%+)
Qualified candidates can send resume with subject “Sales Leader” to firstname.lastname@example.org