Why this role?
To drive sales and control costs with Rudi’s Bakery products through working with Route Supervisors, fellow Route Sales Representatives, and Customers in retail accounts within a designated geography. Responsible for all activities related to Rudi’s DSD distribution and sales execution at the regional level.
Tasks are to be completed while maintaining the highest safety, food safety, and quality, cost, and GMP standards in a high-speed sales and manufacturing environment.
Your day will look like this
- You will be driving to and between designated stops delivering our delicious products.
- You will be covering all functions of running a designated sales route
- You will be executing at the store level. You will be performing all functions associated with servicing a store upon entering.
- You will come to the plant every morning. You will inventory, load, and pick up your loaded truck (you get to start early, and you will be complete with your day by 1:00 pm, so the afternoon is yours!)
- In the afternoon and before you go home, you will unload your truck, review your orders, and complete paperwork.
- You get to maintain a fresh and adequate supply of authorized products in approved customers on your designated route
- You get to establish relationships with your customers and market Rudi’s products. You market, promote, and execute new item initiatives.
- You are part of a team, and you help promote the success of the DSD team
- You complete sales, revenue, and return targets. When you win, the team wins!
- You help the team by reporting food safety and quality issues and initiate action.
What you have
- Minimum HS graduate or equivalent. If not, that is OK!
- You could have one year in DSD route operations or another high-paced retail environment. If you have no experience, we will train and coach you!
- You can create your day while you execute all DSD functions related to operating a sales route.
- We do need you to have and continually maintain a valid driver’s license
- You will have very little supervision. So it is best if you feel comfortable with being on your own for most of the day and at the same time that you feel at ease being part of and a solid contributor to a larger team.
- You will be lifting up to 15 lbs of trays with products (i.e., bread).
* Do know that you will be assigned a route anywhere in the front range (Fort Collins, Denver, Boulder, DTC, Colo Springs, Pueblo). You need not purchase the route. We take care of that!
Base pay is set at $39,000 per year. We love high performers! When you perform at your best, you will generate additional income!