Naturally Boulder https://www.naturallyboulder.org/ is looking for a creative, enthusiastic, and organized Executive Director. The Executive Director is responsible for the successful leadership and management of the organization according to the strategic direction set by the Board of Directors (BoD).
Key Areas of Responsibility
Leadership & Organizational Management:
- Develop, maintain, and support a strong BoD
- Participate with the BoD in developing a vision and strategic plan to guide NB
- Build board involvement for ongoing initiatives and new endeavors
- Identify, assess, and inform the BoD of internal and external issues that affect NB
- In addition to the Board President, act as a spokesperson for NB
- Conduct official correspondence on behalf of, or jointly with, the BoD as appropriate
- Represent NB at community activities to enhance NB’s community profile
- Ensure ongoing programmatic excellence, rigorous program evaluation, and consistent quality of finance and administration, fundraising, communications
- Actively engage and energize NB’s BoD, staff, advisors, contractors, committees, volunteers, members, and sponsors
- Serve as ex-officio of each committee
Operational & Programmatic Planning and Management:
- Develop an operational plan which incorporates NB’s annual objectives and aims towards NB’s strategic direction
- Oversee the efficient and effective day-to-day operation of NB
- Draft policies for the approval of the BoD and prepare procedures to implement the organizational policies; review existing policies on an annual basis and recommend changes to the BoD as appropriate
- Provide support to the BoD by preparing meeting agenda and support materials
- Oversee the planning, implementation and evaluation of NB’s programs
- Ensure NB’s programs contribute to NB’s mission and reflect the priorities of the BoD
Human Resources Planning and Management:
- Determine staffing requirements for NB management and program delivery
- Maintain a positive and safe work environment in accordance with all appropriate legislation and regulations
- Recruit, interview and select staff with appropriate skill and personal abilities to further NB’s mission
- Implement a performance management process for staff which includes monitoring the performance of staff on an ongoing basis and conducting annual performance reviews
- Coach and mentor staff as appropriate to improve performance
- Discipline staff when necessary using appropriate techniques; release staff when necessary using appropriate and legally defensible procedures
- Identify and evaluate risks to NB’s community, property, finances, goodwill, and image and implement measures to control risks
- Ensure the BoD and NB carry appropriate and adequate insurance coverage
- Ensure the BoD and staff understand terms, conditions, limitations of insurances
- Develop and manage the budget and the budgeting process
- work with committee chairs to develop, manage and track annual budget
- ensure sound bookkeeping and accounting procedures are followed
- with the Treasurer, provide financial reports during board meetings
- ensure NB complies with legislation covering taxation and withholding payments
- Within the authority delegated by the BoD, oversee NB’s revenues, including:
- sponsorship and membership renewals and sales
- event registration revenue
- explore additional possible revenue streams
- Within the authority delegated by the BoD, oversee NB’s expenses, including:
- Fixed costs (rent, parking, phone, insurances, licenses, salaries, )
- Variable costs (event expenses, contractors, )
- Serve as point person for all inquiries
- Deepen and refine all aspects of communications—from web presence to external relations with the goal of creating a stronger brand
- Use brand presence and relationships in the larger community to garner new opportunities
- Establish or enhance good working relationships and collaborative arrangements with community groups, funders, politicians, and other organizations to help achieve NB’s objectives
- Five or more years of progressive management responsibility in the Natural Industry.
- Two to Five or more years nonprofit, fundraising and event planning experience.
- Undergraduate degree required; MBA preferred.
- Experience as a member of or reporting to a board of directors is a strong plus.
- Passion for the mission and purpose of Naturally Boulder.
- High level strategic thinking and planning. Ability to envision and convey the organization’s strategic future to the staff, the board and the donors.
- Fiscal management, nonprofit accounting, operations and I.T./systems management.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, verbal and written.
- Exceptional work ethic, organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Hands-on computer skills, including all Microsoft Office programs and fundraising database programs.
Reports To: Board of Directors
Salary Range: $85,000 – $100,000 plus bonus, generous benefits and PTO
If you are interested in applying, please send your resume, cover letter and salary requirements to: