CoCo (Compost Colorado) is seeking to hire a full-time manager who will play a critical role in building, managing, and optimizing our operations.
CoCo is a zero-waste start-up based in Denver, CO. We collect food waste in addition to providing a sustainable, local delivery service. We are on a mission to make composting mainstream. We are a catalyst for environmental sustainability and a more equitable world.
About the role:
This role is an exciting opportunity for someone who doesn’t mind getting their hands dirty; is passionate about sustainability, and interested in working in a rapidly growing start-up. Candidates must be motivated, self-starters with constructive, clear communication skills.
– Manage behind the scenes: bucket transferring, cleaning, and – reclamation.
– Drive with a large truck and trailer to and from Boulder.
– Establish new processes and protocols; continuously improve operations.
– Manage bucket washing team.
– Management experience.
– Passionate about sustainability and composting.
– Comfortable engaging with food waste (no food allergies).
– Must be able to lift and carry up to 75 pounds.
– Must be available M-TH, 1 PM-9 PM.
– Driving experience
– Driving a manual transmission, experience backing a trailer.
– Mechanical experience: plumbing, fixing cars, carpentry.
– Experience working in a start-up or waste collection industry.