Come join the leading functional beverage brand and make wellness deliciously irresistible.
At Rowdy Mermaid, we believe life is too short to stay at the shallow end of the pool! We believe in the power of sustainably sourced, functional plant-based medicine. We meld art with science to produce easy-to-drink, delicious, family-friendly beverages infused with functional botanicals, herbs and mushrooms. We’re obsessive about ensuring every ingredient has a purpose and every flavor creates a refreshingly rowdy experience. We honor nature, lean into science, daringly push boundaries, and aim to be neighborly with our geographic and virtual communities. We are proudly based in Boulder, Colorado.
When you join our team, you’ll receive 100% paid medical coverage for yourself, and coverage options are available for your family (including fur-babies). We offer a generous PTO package including 2.5 weeks of holidays.
Rowdy Mermaid is seeking a full-time Field Marketing Associate to create impactful connections in our Boulder/Denver backyard through events, field marketing, and store visits. This role is part of our marketing team with overall responsibilities to build brand image, drive trial, grow awareness, develop word of mouth, and stimulate sales within the Rocky Mountain region. This is a field-based role, with 90% of your time being spent at events, demos, or in stores, interacting with current and potential customers and product users. This person must present Rowdy Mermaid in an engaging, friendly, knowledgeable and professional manner.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
STORE VISITS AND RETAIL SAMPLING
● Regularly visit targeted retail and foodservice accounts in designated geography to develop
relationships with key retailers, buyers and staff that benefit brand sales.
● Merchandise assigned accounts to stock shelves, fill voids, update shelf tags, ensure promotion
execution and face shelves.
● Educate staff and customers with key points of differentiation, and sell products on each store visit.
● Identify and secure increased displays and points-of-interruption at retail stores on all visits.
● Be the key point of contact and initiate and execute retail demonstrations at key accounts, ranging from 1-6 demos per week.
● As the market develops, assist in recruiting, hiring, training and managing a team of dedicated Brand Ambassadors who fit the Rowdy profile.
EVENTS AND GUERILLA SAMPLING
● Set up and break down all events with tables or booth, materials and samples as needed
● Interact with and educate current and prospective customers to build brand awareness and sales.
● Assist Marketing Manager with identifying events and strategic partners (yoga studios, corporate campuses, etc) where sampling and surprise-and-delight opportunities exist to build brand awareness and loyalty.
● Deliver flawless premium execution at all events.
● Capture local content that can be used via social media channels.
● Seed product as needed with prospective local influencers or ambassadors.
● Work with Marketing and Operations teams to ensure materials are created, shipped, and organized in advance of needs.
● Create engaging, positive, educational and memorable experiences around the brand for consumers and partners.
● Provide weekly (or biweekly) recaps on stores visited, store personnel contacts, observations and
● Provide regular recommendations and feedback about program development and execution to the Marketing Manager.
● 2-3 years of field marketing or territory management experience, with deep understanding of in-store retail demos and execution.
● Strong familiarity of local community and events.
● Exceptional communication skills, including presentation and training abilities.
● Ability to travel frequently in market and occasionally to national events / meetings; ability to work nights and weekends as needed.
● Reliable and outgoing personality a must.
● Proficiency with Gmail, Google Drive, Drop Box and Google Suite.
● Clean driving record and reliable vehicle.
● Ability to lift and move boxes up to 40 pounds, and able to stand on feet for 4+ hours at a time.
● Experience in the direct line management of part time contracted ambassadors.
● Self-starter who is driven and committed.
● Passion and experience with functional chilled beverages and CPG.
● Has a love for natural products, keeps pace with the industry, and champions brands.
● Experience with a high-growth emerging brand.
$40K to $45K
Email your resume and why you should be our next Mermaid to firstname.lastname@example.org