The Seaweed Bath Co is seeking a dynamic Finance Leader (Director/VP of Finance) to help us effectively scale our rapidly growing business.
Founded in 2010, The Seaweed Bath Co. is devoted to transforming the skin and hair care ritual by providing nutrient-rich, performance-optimized personal care, hair care and face care formulas that offer visible results, as well a unique ocean-inspired sensory experience. This is achieved by harnessing the powerful benefits of seaweed. The Seaweed Bath Co. sustainably hand-harvests certified organic seaweed off the coast of Maine, which is used in its proven, effective formulas to naturally detoxify, replenish, and protect your skin and hair. Today, The Seaweed Bath Co. can be found at Target, Whole Foods, Amazon and a wide variety of retailers nationwide. The company is PE-backed and well capitalized, undergoing rapid growth.
JOB PURPOSE SUMMARY:
This position is the key finance leadership position for the company and is accountable for directing and managing all finance, planning and accounting activities. As a member of the leadership team, this position requires a highly motivated individual with strong professional finance/accounting skills and acumen, interpersonal skills, and the ability to partner with internal and external stakeholders. Candidate must have strong track record of success in building emerging companies, teams and systems, be able to work in a team environment, and be passionate about driving continuous improvement.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Directly lead all aspects of the finance function, including, but not limited to: financial planning, reporting and analysis, cash collections and disbursements, cost accounting, customer profitability evaluation and accounting for marketing and sales promotional funds.
• Evaluate competing demands for growth-oriented spending and work with the CEO to balance these demands with the need for timely payback, healthy profit and financial stability.
• Establish fact-based decision-making and a culture of accountability for delivering results.
• Manage relationships with banks, lenders and investors, and other key external stakeholders
• Establish a business partnership with the CEO by providing value-added advice in support of company goals.
• Evaluation and monitoring of internal controls to ensure the integrity of financial reports and the safeguarding of the company’s assets.
• Evaluation and development of systems that support the financial process and operations.
• Monthly financial forecasting, including up-to-date assessments of financial risks and opportunities and explanations of changes in forecast.
• Foster decision-making discipline and alignment of sales, marketing and operations resources with growth opportunities.
• Support and manage key HR (i.e. payroll) and IT functions.
• Minimum 8-10 years of experience in the day-to-day financial operations ideally including experience with BOTH a big company and entrepreneurial company (e.g. revenue under $20 million).
• Possess key functional expertise in financial planning, reporting and analysis, cash collections & disbursements, and cost accounting.
• Prior experience in direct, distributor and broker sales channels, especially in CPG.
• Prior experience building teams and systems to support aggressive business growth.
• Strong understanding of concepts such as trade promotion accounting, marketing/advertising promotion spending accruals, cost accounting and variances.
• Key leadership characteristics: integrity, leadership/drive for results, collaborative, flexible, strong communicator, player/coach mentality with ability to roll up sleeves.
• Certified Public Accountant (CPA) preferred.