This position is responsible for managing product development projects for core tea and other Hain Celestial project initiatives, reporting directly to the Sr. Manager of Product Development. Tasks are to be completed while maintaining the highest safety, food safety and quality, cost and GMP standards in a high speed manufacturing environment.
1. Research and bench development of new, commercially viable products from concept through commercialization.
2. Provide technical guidance for targeted new product initiatives and existing products within and across all brand groups.
3. Manage projects cross-functionally in the design, development and scheduling of new product launching.
4. Provide Sales/Marketing with product intrinsics to assist in product positioning.
5. Manage reformulation of existing products to reduce cost and improve product quality.
6. Manage Celestial Seasonings ingredients and formulas within the Product Vision corporate database for SQF and FDA compliance. Generate custom reports, preliminary costing and nutritional labeling information.
7. Oversee formulation of nutritional systems including vitamins, minerals and botanicals, etc. for application in functional beverage products. Recommend appropriate analytical testing and interpret and present data obtained from the results.
8. Assist Operations in initial test blending and gold standard development.
9. Generate specifications including: raw material, formula, packaging, nutrition/supplement labeling, finished product and process. Perform stability tests/recommend finished product shelf life.
10. Interface with suppliers/co-packers/consultants in the development, optimization and commercialization of new ingredients/products.
11. Assist the analytical laboratory with organoleptic QC testing of all raw materials on a daily basis.
12. Follow all Food Safety guidelines, but not limited to:
• Allergen Program
1. Provide indirect work direction to Product Developer.
1. BS in Food Science and Technology (or related scientific discipline)
2. 2-4 yrs experience in research & development of consumer packaged goods.
3. Experience in food processing within pilot plant/production environment.
4. Skilled tasting palate with strong sensory/descriptive analysis experience.
5. Experience in sensory testing and statistical data interpretation helpful.
6. Ability to self-initiate, manage multiple projects within short time lines with minimal supervision.
7. Exceptional creative, analytical and decision making skills.
8. Proficient in MS Office Suite (primarily Excel, Word & PowerPoint). Experience with nutritional labeling software (e.g. ESHA) and formula management software (e.g. Product Vision) a plus.
9. Excellent communication, influencing and leadership skills.
10. Ability to travel approx 5-10%.
11. Ability to meet attendance guidelines.
12. Ability to maintain an effective working relationship with all contacts both inside and outside the company.
Normal laboratory environment.
Dusty environment; noise exceeds 80 dB, hearing protection required; high-speed equipment.
Occasional lifting required up to 40-60 lbs. Carrying 20-40 lbs. and pushing/pulling 60+ lbs.
At The Hain Celestial Group, our commitment to helping consumers lead A Healthier Way of Life™ is at the heart of everything we do. With operations in North America, Europe, and India, we participate in many natural categories with well-known brands. Our mission is to be the leading marketer, manufacturer, and seller of organic and natural, better-for-you products. We are committed to growing sustainably while continuing to implement environmentally sound business practices and manufacturing processes.
Come join one of Fortune’s 100 Fastest Growing Companies at our Celestial Seasonings location in Boulder, CO to help consumers lead A Healthier Way of Life™.
Please apply at: http://www.hain.com/careers/