Job Purpose Summary:
The Food Service Sales (FSS) Territory Sales Manager will be responsible for all research and lead generation, scheduling visits and tastings with prospective clients, closing new distribution deals, and providing accurate and thorough data input of all selling activities into all Sherpa Chai CRM and other internal reporting tools.
- Lead generation to include research, cold-calling and emailing to set-up visits with prospective FSS clients, including but not limited to:
- coffee shops
- restaurant groups/restaurants o universities
- ski resorts
- gourmet retail stores
- Territory is defined as all FSS accounts along the Front Range (Fort Collins to Colorado Springs) and into the mountains (loosely defined as Estes Park to Grand Junction to Telluride, dependent on current distribution).
- Provide sales forecasting & detailed planning for assigned territory and all associated accounts.
- Achieve sales goals for assigned territory and accounts.
- Participate in distributor sales representative ride-alongs, with intention of opening new accounts.
- Attend/conduct/coordinate special events, tastings, and demos, as needed.
- Train all newly secured customers on the Sherpa Chai brand and product offerings.
- Work in collaboration with all other Sherpa Chai Sales team members in an effort to jointly achieve overall sales targets, introduce new sales/marketing initiatives, and successfully execute company-wide sales/marketing strategies.
- Keep CEO and Sales team informed of your progress vs. priorities and check-in regularly
on individual deal and pipeline status.
- Responding to potential new customer inbound requests from website, contact
submission, or phone calls for accounts in your defined territory.
- Setting-up new accounts in internal CRM and internal reporting tools with the
appropriate distribution/delivery/pick-up arrangement.
- Consistently and clearly communicate with Sherpa Chai Production team, as needed.
- Perform all administrative duties in a timely manner.
- Review and analyze all monthly sales data to understand market dynamics and increase sales opportunities
- Maintain a professional demeanor and image at all times.
As required – Regularly scheduled field time (80%) in driving to accounts in assigned territory and attending industry trade shows.
Expectations and Qualifications:
- Education and experience
- Bachelor’s Degree – Business or Marketing preferred
- 1 – 2 years sales experience preferred
- Experience in creating, evaluating, managing, and growing sales plans o Experience in analyzing sales/financial data
- Experience in developing and maintaining professional relationships
- Knowledge, skills and abilities
- Chai industry understanding, passion and appreciation of culture
- A results-driven, energetic and positive personality
- Have the ability to tap into own professional network and/or develop new network to understand the marketplace and develop additional business opportunities
- Excellent communication skills
- Proficiency with all Microsoft Office products and Sales Rabbit CRM
- Maintains a valid driver’s license, have own transportation, and have the ability to drive at all times
Key Performance Indicators (KPIs):
● New Business Development – open 50 new doors each month and gain new distribution of Sherpa Chai SKUs, will be tracked by Sherpa Chai Controller
● Employee will spend 80% of their time in the field (4 days per work week)
● Employee will be responsible for entering all new leads and new closed accounts into Sherpa Chai CRM/internal sales reporting tools
● Employee will be responsible for tracking and communicating all commission payments earned