The Jackfruit Company
Job Title: Foodservice Sales Director
Location: Boulder, CO, or near a major airport
The Jackfruit Company (TJC) is seeking an experienced, proven, entrepreneurial, and collaborative foodservice sales leader for the position of Foodservice Sales Director, reporting to the Chief Commercial Officer (CCO). The Director will be responsible for all aspects of foodservice sales (including industrial ingredient sales into foodservice) for The Jackfruit Company. S/He will develop and execute the foodservice sales strategy by working closely with other members of the TJC team as well as vetting and managing
industry leading strategic partners (brokers, chefs, agencies). This opportunity is available from September 2018.
THE JACKFRUIT COMPANY (TJC):
The Jackfruit Company is the global leader in jackfruit products, supply chains, and sales, sourcing directly from over 1,000 farming families in India; preparing the highest quality jackfruit foods; and delivering these foods to consumers at major retailers like Whole Foods, Sprouts, Kroger, Publix, Safeway, Walmart, and Costco as well as into strategic channels including eCommerce (Amazon, Walmart.com, ThriveMarket.com) and Foodservice. TJC experienced more than 2x growth in foodservice from 2017 to 2018, and is poised for greater growth into 2019, bringing new SKUs into the market with major distribution partners, and building upon relationships with colleges and universities, restaurant chains, and foodservice management companies.
Annie Ryu, Chair & CEO, founded The Jackfruit Company in 2011 to transform healthy eating, farmers’ livelihoods, and humanity’s eco-footprint for the better. By replacing meat with the world’s largest treeborne fruit and meatiest plant – jackfruit – the company is transforming an underutilized resource into a meat substitute and providing income for Indian farming families, while diminishing the carbon footprint associated with meat consumption.
ROLE / DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Foodservice Sales Director, a critical commercial leadership role, is responsible for developing and executing the TJC Foodservice growth strategy to deliver robust, sustainable, and scalable growth – as measured by revenue ($, growth %), gross margin, promotion/trade ROI, EBITDA, and TJC enterprise value. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• 3Y Foodservice Growth Plan-Strategy (10x vision to volume, valuation)
• Annual Operating Plan (deliverables, budget/resources, metrics/targets)
• Dynamic, Relentless Leadership/Management to Drive Daily Foodservice Sales Results
• Foodservice Agency/Broker Management, End-User/Partner Relationship Management to Accelerate TJC Sales across the Highest Impact, Most Valuable Foodservice Segments
• Active Collaboration-Partnering with Marketing Team including Foodservice Value Proposition,
Foodservice Sales Materials, Foodservice Marketing Programs, and Foodservice Industry Events-
• Voice of the Customer/Consumer for Innovation-R&D, Pricing, Trade, and Go-to-Market
• Foodservice Volume Forecasts, in Collaboration with Finance and Supply Chain
• Foodservice Performance Reporting (daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, annually)
• Other Foodservice Deliverables (e.g., TBD-as designated by CCO)
The ideal Foodservice Sales Director embodies the TJC vision, mission, culture with strong interpersonal
skills, professional and personal integrity, and an effective leadership style.
DEFINITION OF SUCCESS
– Define, Build, & Lead Foodservice Sales; Develop & Manage Strategic Partners
– Drive Foodservice Growth-Sales to Achieve/Exceed Annual Operating Plan (2018, 2019+)
– Deliver Results to Accelerate Value Creation and Maximize Enterprise/Shareholder Value
CAPABILITIES EXPERIENCE / EXPERTISE / EDUCATION (FUNCTION, STARTUP, YEARS, ETC.)
• 5-10+ Years Foodservice Sales Experience
• Track Record of Breakthrough Results (innovative-new foods, new distribution)
• Expertise in Growth Strategy (leveraging foodservice data, analytics, voice of customer)
• Foodservice Broker Management Experience (e.g., Acosta, Advantage, etc.)
• Sales Experience with Growth Company (<$25MM revenue, <25 employees)
• Industrial Ingredient Sales Experience Preferred
• Entrepreneurial Spirit (active/decisive, hyper-growth, VC-backed ventures)
• Fit with TJC Mission, Team, Values (desire/passion to make a difference)
• All-In, Creative Problem-Solver, Self-Starter, High Confidence-Low Ego, Servant Leader, Collaborator, Executive Presence, Strong EQ-IQ, High Ethical Standards-Professional/Personal Integrity
• Up to 50% Travel
The Jackfruit Company offers an exciting and supportive work environment, and a competitive salary and benefits package which includes medical and dental plans, PTO and other benefits. In addition, there is performance-based compensation including an annual performance bonus and equity options/ownership. The Jackfruit Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
CONTACT: Send Resume to David Bryant, Interim CCO, at email@example.com