Our gelato is special and we need hard-working, special individuals to make it happen. We are looking for those who have a passion for food and would love to share it making unique, imaginative gelato.
We are looking for those who may have the following experience: back of house (BOH), culinary school, food manufacturing + production, pastry, kitchen production and support, or food service. 2 years kitchen experience is required. You should have passion for food and a willingness to learn and take direction. We provide on the job, gelato-specific training! This role has a lot of room for growth in our company.
A valid driver’s license is needed for this role.
Sound like you? Apply today! Further details below.
Position Description: As a gelato maker at Gelato Boy, you’ll be fanatical about making the best possible gelato in the world. The team you’re on is among the hardest working folks around, often on their feet for up to 10 hours a day meticulously mixing in our handmade ingredients, carefully churning gelato, and lovingly adding a hand-drizzle of the perfect sauce or syrup. Whatever it takes, you know your hard work will pay off being the happiest part of someones day.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Assist production management as directed in all designated activities, including, but not limited to, the following:
Produce gelato according to the daily Production Schedule
– Follow the recipe and production protocol explicitly, carefully weigh and measure all ingredients as specified, to the gram
– Taste every addition in the batch before and after spinning
– Maintain a clean and organized space during production
– Follow our Good Manufacturing Practices while handling all products and equipment
– Complete and file daily production logs
– Coordinate with other team members to create a daily plan and timeline
– Always be on the lookout for ways to improve efficiency
– Follow all health code regulations and complete Daily Cleaning Checklist
Position requirements: Gelato Maker
Availability to work 10 hours a day, 4 days a week.
Must be available to work early mornings, weekends, and holidays
– Ascertain that ingredients are available at the time of production
– Pour all mixed ingredients into manufacturing machines after setting correct temperature and time
– Can work in a freezer and in a very cold environment as well as a hot kitchen
– Current Food Handler’s / FoodSafe and Respect for Safety and Hygiene Standards (can be completed upon hire)
– Can physically, mentally and emotionally handle long periods of lean production techniques
– Ability to lift at least 50 pounds, multiple times a day
– Ability to stand on your feet while working
– All employees are expected to follow our General Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s). Important GMP’s include, but are not limited to: no jewelry or piercings (must be completely removed), the proper wearing of issued hair net / beard net and gloves, during food handling & production, no texting or checking cell phones during production.
– Opportunities for Bonuses and Incentives
– Lots of free gelato!
– Competitive Wages and lots of Opportunity for Growth
Job Type: Full-time
Please submit your resume and letter of interest to email@example.com