Job Title: Graphics & Digital Designer
Oh Yeah! Nutrition was founded in 1999 by Ron McAfee. Hyper focused on the nutrition space, Oh Yeah!’s product offerings up until late 2015 mainly included RTD shakes, powders and supplements. In Q4 2015, they launched their newest innovation – the ONE Bar. In just 12 months, ONE Bar exploded onto the marketplace, with limited distribution primarily in the specialty channel, amassing an almost unbelievable year end revenue of $38m on the ONE product line alone. The launch of Birthday Cake, by far our # 1 SKU, sealed the deal on ONE’s position as the healthy indulgent protein snack, touting super delicious mass flavor appeal, coupled with superior taste, texture and function. Officially now ONE Brands, both the team and budgets have grown respectively, to include a team with strong experience in the snacking category and the right funds to help drive significant growth in 2017 and beyond.
Job Summary: Responsible for creating, managing and executing the design of both offline and digital creative work. Has accountability for designing, producing and incorporating strategic development and brand consistency into all design and layout. This position will support the Marketing team’s initiatives around supporting new distribution, gaining trial and awareness, and driving consumers to purchase in-store and online.
• Responsible for shepherding multiple offline and digital design projects from concept to completion for new marketing campaigns, retailer specific marketing programs and/or new product launches.
• Create innovative, impactful designs for platforms including but not limited to: responsive web pages, digital media ads, e-Commerce sites, email blasts, social media assets, print media, labels/packaging with mockups, presentations, print ads, brand and marketing collateral, point of sale, trade and consumer shows, events and other related materials that sell our products and strengthen brand identity.
• Drive cutting-edge design/creative concepts and development of marketing initiatives and campaigns. Have demonstrable talent in manipulating various elements of visual communication in novel, creative, and original fashions. This includes artwork and file management.
• Work closely with our in-house production management as well as our agency partners, photographers and vendors, and supplies to ensure quality and timeline benchmarks are met. Proactively develop professional relationships and attend press checks as needed.
• Ensure our brand guidelines are being represented correctly and consistently through all creative/design work. Update changes to the brand standards & guidelines and communicate out to cross-functional teams. Archive and retrieve digital files, creative elements and projects. Keep digital files organized and cleaned up on an-going basis on shared drive.
• Troubleshoot all websites and emails for cross-browser and cross-platform compatibility (style and scripting issues specific to Chrome, Firefox, Safari, IE, etc.).
• Ensure deadlines for creative materials are met consistently. Proactively communicate with Team to eliminate surprises and set expectations for all creative/design work.
• Proactively develop creative skills through ongoing education of colors, technology, trends and new processes.
• Play the lead role in creative/design kickoff meetings by being a problem solver and recommending design ideas. In charge of developing and presenting/recommending creative concepts and/or designs based on strategic direction provided in creative briefs and kickoff meetings.
• Responsible for creating and supporting a positive, professional, team-oriented, harassment-free work environment by understanding and complying with the Company’s policies, by demonstrating the Company’s values, and being a role model for the Company Brand.
Education and/or Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in related field required: Arts and/or Fine Arts
• Minimum of 5+ year’s job-related experience (post-education) on a creative services team inside a marketing department or advertising agency
• Must be proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop-CS6 or higher, Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat)
• Experience in building responsive web design (page layout, icon design, etc.)
• Ability to develop emails from scratch and provide recommendations to the team based on email coding best practices that are eye-catching, creative, and produce high conversation rates.
• Experience with cross-browser and cross-platform compatibility (style and scripting issues specific to Chrome, Firefox, Safari, IE, etc.)
• Strong understanding of photography including composition, retouching and exposure
• Complete knowledge of photo editing, color calibration and color capabilities
• Complete knowledge of print production processes from concept to completion
• Food packaging, digital/web, and/or illustration/drawing experience(s) a plus
• Constant Contact and Basecamp experience a plus
• Microsoft Office experience helpful (i.e., PowerPoint)
• Demonstrated team leadership skills
• Able to manage timelines of multiple projects and priorities in a fast paced environment
• Accuracy and attention to detail and timing
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Positive energy and a passion for driving innovation in design
• Able to maintain confidential and proprietary information and material
Please submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please send with Subject line: “Graphic Designer_your name”.