Company: SPINS, LLC
Location: Boulder, CO
Last Updated: January 2018
SPINS is a diverse group of positive professionals with an unwavering commitment to help propel the natural and organic industry forward. Our company culture promotes individualism and encourages creative expression while innovating new industry applications, in a collaborative and highly rewarding environment.
We pride ourselves in building meaningful relationships with each member of our team and stimulate creativity by exposing our talent to various aspects and opportunities across the company. As we continue to grow our unique collective of innovators, industry experts, software engineers and business consultants, together, we can increase America’s access to healthier product alternatives, by continuing to empower our manufacturer and retail partners.
We look forward to learning more about you and how your talents can help shape the future of SPINS.
Summary of Position
SPINS is focused on the cultivation of long-term value for customers, markets, and relationships. Our goal is to build, manage, and leverage strategic partner relationships that are based on trust, respect, and a mutual appreciation of each other’s value to the growing health and wellness market.
The Hain On-Site Business Consultant uses SPINS industry-leading Natural, Organic, and Specialty market research and robust consumer information to uncover insights serve as thought leader in the industry. This high visibility, high impact role helps build and shape the development of customer solutions for one of the fastest growing industries in today’s market.
The Hain On-Site Business Manager has significant responsibility to penetrate and fully assimilate within the Hain organization and collaborate to ensure partnership goals are met. This includes manufacturer endorsement, retailer recruiting and efficiency improvements. As a recognized Subject Matter Expert, the On-Site Business Manager develops strategic and tactical business initiatives for leading retailers in the Natural, Organic and Specialty Products Industry.
The incumbent is an external client-facing leader with an inherent entrepreneurial spirit, and a strong analytical and technical aptitude. This individual contributor leverages SPINS industry leading market research to develop insights that drive sales for manufacturers and retailers.
The position reports to the Director, Client Insights and will be based on-site at our client in Boulder, Colorado and will require 10% travel.
• Manage selected analysis and consulting activities to meet sales and client targets for both the strategic partner and SPINS
• Utilize the full suite of SPINS solutions and technology partner products/services to meet the client’s business needs
• Directly support C-Level Executives and retailers with industry level analysis in preparation for effective communication and report to the trade
• Collaborate with the client’s Sales team to develop standardized needs and requirements to the manufacturer trade and drive revenue and efficiency gains
• Provide Subject Matter Expertise in support of strategic client business issues (Category Management, Assortment Management and Shelf Management) including coordination of resources from the broader SPINS team (Content Development team, Information Technology and Operations)
• Produce actionable results for the client through application of SPINS analytic products and services
• Serve as a Natural and Specialty Products Industry consultant and thought leader to the client’s mgmt team, while also building strong relationships and demonstrating measurable ROI for SPINS products and services
• Provide client support with routine and custom category analytics, consumer insights, fact-based recommendations, data pulls and trended analysis in support of client projects
• Conduct training on SPINS solutions and coordinate ongoing training and communication of solutions enhancements across client organization
• Seek opportunities overall to add value to client partner and SPINS services and consultant expertise to further build credibility of both organizations in the marketplace
Desired Skills & Experience
Education and Experience Requirements
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field
• 2-4 years’ experience working with syndicated scan data from SPINS, IRI, Nielsen, or equivalent at a consumer packaged goods manufacturer, preferably in the food industry, is required; experience with Natural, Organic, or Specialty products a plus
• Experience utilizing Market Research and Consumer Measurement (e.g. Panel data)
• Solid proficiency with MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
• Strong analytical skills, interpreting data, market research ability
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills both in person and via phone
• Ability to apply analytic products to consumer packaged goods and retail business issues within both branded and private label environments
• Proven track record achieving measurable business results
• Effective at delivering presentations to small and medium sized groups
• Adept at cultivating strong relationships within all levels of an organization, both in person and remotely
• Ability to train and educate others with solid writing and presentation skills
• Accomplished leader who demonstrates flexibility and resilience to setback and is able to drive change, with a long term vision with leadership stamina to maintain course within an evolving environment
• Demonstrates a willingness to be flexible and versatile in a changing work environment while driving change and shifting priorities as necessary within the organization to maintain effectiveness and efficiency
• Develops new and unique “out-of-the-box” solutions to solve complex customer problems
• Collaborative and team spirited; respectful of and values others’ contributions
• Develops compelling customer-driven view of how the organization and its products fit into market
• Highly articulate and able to convey important messages in a clear and compelling manner.
• Applies logic and sound reasoning to determine the facts of client issues and reveals root causes
• Optimistic and exhibits a can-do attitude while inspiring the team to do the same
• Dynamic presenter with the ability to convey information to all levels of individuals
• Strategic critical thinker with strong, analytical, numerical and reasoning abilities
• Passion, intelligence and determination to succeed
Candidates should apply directly to the job posting, found here: http://www.spins.com/about/careers?gh_jid=999326.