LoCo Food Distribution delivers locally grown and locally processed foods to restaurants, grocery stores, caterers and institutions along the Front Range. Our team works hard to make the connections between producers and wholesale purchasers, so that producers can do what they do best – produce exceptional food! And our customers can do what they do best – prepare and sell amazing food!
• Knowing the producers, brands and products in the LoCo Foods Catalog.
• Assisting customers in finding the local products they are looking for by providing samples and information.
• Training customers to use the LoCo Foods Online catalog.
• Taking orders from customers, and following up with customers who have not yet placed orders by phone or email on their order date.
• Maintaining customer information and notes.
• Seeking out and bringing in new coffee shop, tap room, restaurant customers.
• Meeting or exceeding monthly sales quotas with no more than 2 consecutive months of missed quotas.
• Working with the LoCo Foods team to ensure great customer service including notifying customers of any order shortages.
• Monitoring customer’s incoming orders for item errors and/or delivery schedule issues/requests.
• Helping the company to improve and develop systems.
• Attending all staff meetings by phone or in Fort Collins.
• Arrange and attend weekly meetings with Independent Sales team.
• Maintain Customer Lists and run weekly & monthly sales reports and customer lists for Independent Sales Team.
• Three days in office assisting with answering phones and customer service and 2 days per week making visits to current and prospective customers.
• Assisting warehouse in scheduling and facilitating warehouse pickups.
• Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND PREFERRED SKILLS
• Great people skills and the ability to confidently introduce yourself and local products to new people and businesses.
• Excellent computer skills – competence MS Office & ability to quickly learn new software.
• Remarkable organizational skills and the ability to keep track of many things at the same time.
• Highly effective time management skills.
• Ability to work independently and also know when to ask for help.
• Creative problem-solving skills, flexibility and ability to make things work.
• General understanding of and enthusiasm for the local food movement.
• Highly effective communication skills – in person, by phone and in email.
As a company, LoCo Food Distribution is growing very fast and needs people who are ready to jump in with both feet and help in various capacities within the company in addition to their regular delivery duties. Must have great interpersonal skills, clean, valid driver’s license and be a quick learner. Cell phone provided. This position also requires basic knowledge of seasonal food production in Colorado. Candidates with grocer, food service and/or sales experience are preferred.
Email cover letter and resume to Info@LoCoFoodDistribution.com