LoCo Food Distribution delivers locally grown and locally processed foods to restaurants, grocery stores, caterers and institutions along the Front Range. Our team works hard to make the connections between producers and wholesale purchasers, so that producers can do what they do best – produce exceptional food! And our customers can do what they do best – prepare and sell amazing food!
• Knowing the producers, brands and products in the LoCo Foods Catalog.
• Assisting customers in finding the local products they are looking for including providing samples and suggestions of new products.
• Seeking out and bringing on new independent grocery customers and offering the local program to Target stores.
• Maintaining and growing current customers.
• Training customers to use the LoCo Foods Online catalog.
• Working with the LoCo Foods team to ensure great customer service including notifying customers of any order shortages.
• Monitoring customer’s incoming orders for item errors and/or delivery schedule issues/requests.
• Maintaining customer information and notes in online spreadsheet.
• Attending all staff meetings by phone or in Fort Collins.
• Meeting or exceeding monthly sales quotas with no more than 2 consecutive months of missed quotas.
• Attending Weekly Meeting with Independent Sales Group to check on progress towards goals and update on progress with key accounts.
• Attending Weekly Meeting with Chain Grocery Sales Group to learn processes as they relate to Target Stores.
• Minimum of monthly visits to each Colorado Springs, Boulder, Denver & Fort Collins to visit accounts.
• One day in the main office every 2 weeks or at least twice a month.
• Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND PREFERRED SKILLS
• Great people skills and the ability to confidently introduce yourself and local products to new people and businesses and offer excellent customer service.
• Excellent computer skills – competence MS Office & ability to quickly learn new software and hardware including tablet computer.
• Remarkable organizational skills and the ability to keep track of many things at the same time.
• Highly effective time management skills.
• Ability to work independently and also know when to ask for help.
• Creative problem-solving skills, flexibility and ability to make things work.
• General understanding of and enthusiasm for the local food movement.
• Highly effective communication skills – in person, by phone and in email.
As a company, LoCo Food Distribution is growing very fast and needs people who are ready to jump in with both feet and help in various capacities within the company in addition to their regular delivery duties. Must have great interpersonal skills, clean, valid driver’s license and be a quick learner. Cell phone and tablet provided. This position also requires basic knowledge of seasonal food production in Colorado. Candidates with grocer, food service and/or sales experience are preferred.
Email cover letter and resume to: Info@LoCoFoodDistribution.com
Subject Line: Independent Grocer Food Specialist