This position is responsible for the management and business development of the Celestial Seasoning brand on an interim basis, covering for a maternity leave. This position will be a minimum of three months and a maximum of six months in length.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Identifies key business drivers and opportunities based on competitive/category trends, track & report on business results, and lead all budget related activities for financial planning
• Manages development plans with R&D, Packaging Design and Operations inclusive of developing detailed manufacturing forecasts with input from Sales, Operations and Finance
• Oversees long term project management functions on the innovation of current products and commercialization of new product initiatives
• Oversees the development and execution of shopper marketing plans for key customers and partner with Sales teams to drive category growth
• Assist the Director of Marketing in managing agency partners and in supporting research projects
• Ensures excellent execution of marketing initiatives
• Provides backup assistance to other members of the marketing team, as directed
• Assists with other projects, as needed
• Must be a quick learner, fun, collaborative, and love tea!
Minimum five years’ experience in consumer packaged goods marketing capacity or related role. Because this is an interim role, there is some flexibility here but must have some marketing experience.
• Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, MBA preferred or equivalent
• Experience with AC Nielsen or IRI preferred
• Experience analyzing marketing data & translating to recommendations
• Ability to monitor budgets and report on P/L activity associated with assigned marketing initiatives
• Excellent creative instincts and comfort with visual design
• Demonstrated project management and leadership skills
• Previous demonstration of managing marketing mix including shopper marketing, social, print & television media
• Experience managing external agencies
• Excellent organizational skills, ability to prioritize multiple priorities and strong attention to detail.
• Computer skills including MS Office programs such as Outlook, Word, Excel PowerPoint.
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate (verbal/writing) effectively.
• Self-motivated and strong analytical / problem solving skills.
• Ability to collaborate at all levels of the organization and across other functional areas.
• Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
• Preferred knowledge of the Consumer Product Goods Industry.
Please send inquiries to Blair Price at firstname.lastname@example.org.