JOB PURPOSE SUMMARY:
The Inventory and Demand Planner is responsible for turning customer demand into production planning – including forecasting, inventory management and production scheduling of Good Karma’s branded products to meet case fill targets and minimize obsolescence. In addition, this position will be responsible for coordinating the logistics of our finished goods deliveries to our warehouse and from Good Karma’s co-pack partner locations. The ideal candidate will have a background or education in forecasting, production scheduling and/or logistics coordination with a passion for the food industry.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plan and establish production schedules based on forecasted needs and actual customer orders. Provide regular status updates to management while leading weekly meetings on adherence to plan, root cause of delays, risks, and options/tradeoffs/recommendations to minimize impact.
- Monitor and track all production numbers, product inventories and product code dates to maximize order fill rates while optimizing inventory levels and minimizing obsolescence. Closely monitor forecast accuracy to identify gaps and initiate corrections.
- Collaborate internally with multiple departments to ensure the demand plan is as accurate as possible. Provide feedback on various forecasts from sales and finance.
- Work closely with Marketing and Operations team on product changes, issues, and rollouts, and develop plans to minimize any obsolescence.
- Schedule all finished goods shipments with regards to plant and warehouse requirements for shipping and receiving.
- Provide 6-month forecasts to co-packers and significant suppliers.
- Order raw material and packaging needs for selected co-packers.
- Work with Sales, Customer Service, and Director of Operations to relay information on changes to production, delays in freight, shortages, etc. as required.
- Manage new product setup.
- Schedule production of samples and production trials.
- Perform ad hoc and special projects as assigned pertaining to Production Planning and Logistics.
- Support COO and Director of Operations as required
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience with demand planning, production planning, supply chain and/or logistics coordination. Advanced knowledge of ERP systems is desirable.
- Possess key functional experience in planning and/or logistics in a CPG manufacturing environment (food manufacturing is a plus) working with in-house or contract manufacturing operations.
- Independently handle complex issues with minimal supervision, while escalating the most complex issues to Director of Operations / COO.
- Must have the ability to prioritize tasks and adapt to changing priorities.
- Strong Excel and Word skills required.
- Individual must be able to work within a team environment.
- Must have excellent math and analytical skills.
- Position requires strong verbal and written communication skills as well as the ability to work well with internal and external personnel of all levels.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
- Boulder based
- Salary Range: $55,000 – $70,000, depending on experience
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Paid time-off: vacation, holiday, and volunteer
- Company 401k plan
- Bonus eligible