EarthHero is building the world’s largest sustainable marketplace. We make it easy to shop sustainably by curating the best eco-goods!
EarthHero is an online marketplace that exists to make it easier for consumers to shop sustainably. We focus on curating the best sustainably made consumer lifestyle products. Our mission is to make sustainable shopping so easy, everyone does it! By providing high quality, low impact products from trusted companies, we take the guesswork out of mindful shopping.
FULL JOB DESCRIPTION
This position will be a part of the EarthHero Operations team, a group of passionate, hardworking sustainability advocates looking to make the world a better place. The goal of this position is to provide an amazing customer experience by ensuring that we are always in stock for the products they are looking for.
This role will work with our growing community of product vendors and our product and warehouse teams to forecast, optimize process, and space plan as we continue to grow our assortment to be that one-stop shop our customers crave.
Essential Job Functions
Supply Chain Management
– Inventory Management
– Create and maintain velocity metrics and re-order points of stocked SKUs
– Build knowledge of vendor landscape in order to rationalize how often to order, to create a balance between overall inventory value & vendor discounting to achieve better margin and cash flow
– Place all stock purchase orders in a timely manner to avoid stock outs of products.
– Work with the Product & Marketing teams to understand upcoming events, promotions, holidays, and or bulk needs and adjust inventory orders accordingly to meet demand
– Regular reporting to the team on item level performance, stock outs, delays, and pricing changes
– Perform sales forecasting on the brand and item level to predict demand for inventory products during seasonal spikes in sales and place purchase orders accordingly
Inbound Shipping Tracking
– Manage the process of tracking inbound inventory shipments, from managing inbound ETAs sent by vendors, to receiving of inventory into the inventory system
– Work with warehouse team members on delegation of inventory receiving
– Reconcile received inventory against invoices and pack slips to ensure full receipt of goods, coordinate outstanding items with our vendors related to missing items/mis-ships, damaged goods, etc.
– Work with Accounts Payable to confirm payments on inbound inventory invoices
– Data Analysis & Reporting
– Assist COO with overall reporting and the development of KPIs and dashboard
– Process automation & re-engineering
– Look for and outline recommendations on ways to improve efficiency through technology automation or process change
– General team support – It’s important that all employees are prepared to assist with larger strategic initiatives regardless of how they related to a specific role. Common tasks could include:
– Content creation
– Participation at off-site events (e.g. festivals, conferences, networking)
– Intern management/mentoring
– Provide work in the warehouse to pack and ship orders & other warehouse functions
Our ideal candidate is, above all, passionate about the environment! They have an organized and detail oriented personality. It’s important that they understand the larger reaching impact of conscious consumerism and how to use products and commerce as a medium for environmental education and positive impact.
– Positive and professional demeanor
– Attention to detail
– Project Organization: ability to organize, track, and manage multiple tasks within each project
– Flexibility: as a start-up, job duties will include a little bit of everything! We’ll need you to adapt easily and take on new tasks when needed.
– Ability to stay focused in a dynamic, ever-changing environment
– Is a team player with the confidence to take the lead and guide other employees when necessary (ie: process change, automation, new features, reporting/data analysis).
– Proficiency in Excel and manipulating large data sets for forecasting/purchasing/data analysis
Our ideal candidate will have the following:
– Bachelor’s degree in Business or related discipline
– Strong communication skills
– Meticulous attention to detail
– Passion for helping accelerate the sustainability movement
– NetSuite experience is a huge + but not required
– Ability to ask questions, receive feedback, and adapt
– Strong problem-solving abilities
– Drive to take initiative in creating and improving systems
– Time management and ability to multitask
We’d love to have you join the team!
To Apply – Email firstname.lastname@example.org with a resume, cover letter and include:
– Your passion for environmental sustainability
– Salary requirements/expectations