Responsible for procurement of all botanicals, spices, flavorings, fruits, vitamins and minerals to meet the needs of Production, Quality, Cost and Product Development at Celestial Seasonings Tea. Tasks are to be completed while maintaining the highest safety, food safety and quality, cost and GMP standards in a high speed manufacturing environment.
1. Contract and purchase all ingredients for teas, dietary supplements, and any other Celestial products as necessary. Manage an annual budget of more than $21,000,000.
2. Source new ingredients, obtain samples, investigate, research and work with alternative agricultural opportunities, new sources and new ingredients.
3. Work with Research and Development on blends and new ingredients and regulatory.
4. Balance purchases, shipments and contracts with inventory levels and production schedules.
5. Authorize all ingredient shipments, oversee and facilitate importation and government agencies.
6. Authorize, forecast, and negotiate all payments against purchase orders.
7. Inform organization of world market conditions affecting quality, quantity, cost and availability of all raw materials.
8. Ability to travel domestically and internationally. Must maintain an active passport.
9. Responsible for reporting food safety and quality issues and initiate action, as necessary.
10. Follow all Food Safety guidelines, but not limited to:
• Allergen Program
1. Supervise the Botanicals Purchasing Team.
1. Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field.
2. 10+ years at Purchasing Manager level in a manufacturing environment required, Consumer Packaged Goods preferred.
3. Experience in international contracts, business practices, foreign currencies, exchange rates, letters of credit, sight and trust documents, payments and insurance desired.
4. Herb identification and knowledge of botanical industry – both domestic and foreign.
5. Thorough knowledge in working with government agencies, federal regulation and international regulations.
6. Resource to industry organizations, i.e. Herb Research Foundation, American Botanical Council, American Herbal Products Association, US Tea Association and Herbs of Commerce.
7. Strong leadership skills and experienced teamwork skills in cross-functional environment. Ability to work with outside suppliers and peers in completing projects. High attention to detail.
8. Strong Communication Skills (written and verbal).
9. Proficiency in all Microsoft Office functions and internal systems.
10. Ability to problem solve and make timely decisions.
11. Ability to meet attendance guidelines.
12. Ability to maintain an effective working relationship with all contacts both inside and outside the company.
Application Instructions: At The Hain Celestial Group, our commitment to helping consumers lead A Healthier Way of Life™ is at the heart of everything we do. With operations in North America, Europe, and India, we participate in many natural categories with well-known brands. Our mission is to be the leading marketer, manufacturer, and seller of organic and natural, better-for-you products. We are committed to growing sustainably while continuing to implement environmentally sound business practices and manufacturing processes. Come join one of Fortune’s 100 Fastest Growing Companies to help consumers lead A Healthier Way of Life™. EEO/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disabled
Apply online, visit our careers page at www.hain.com