Taste, analyze and track flavor reproducibility of tea products from blending through finished goods. Provide quality resource support throughout production to protect and enhance finished product. Train for backup to Sr.Blendmaster position. Tasks are to be completed while maintaining the highest safety, food safety and quality, cost and GMP standards in a high speed manufacturing environment.
Essential Job Functions – Duties and Responsibilities
1. Prepare blend production recipes utilizing blending management database. Maintain database which includes Materials, QA, and recipes.
2. Taste and audit finished product for flavor assurance from packaging through store shelf.
3. Taste and analyze batches produced in blending against reference blend to ensure consistent quality.
4. Taste and evaluate incoming ingredients for specific flavor quality
5. Assist Sr Blendmaster by preparing blend prototypes prior to scheduled production
6. Be a resource to processing, packaging, and product development/R&D for any material related Quality issues
7. Follow all Food Safety guidelines, but not limited to:
1. Bachelor’s degree in Food Science or equivalent experience.
2. Minimum 2.5 years’ experience in a high speed, consumer products manufacturing environment preferred.
3. Strong skills in sensory/tasting for flavor management of all single ingredients and final blended product.
4. Strong computer skills, building spreadsheets and recipe management using an automated blending system.
5. Strong communication and people skills
6. Ability to work a varied work schedule covering all shifts.
7. Demonstrate aptitude for objective analysis.
8. Ability to meet attendance guidelines.
9. Ability to maintain an effective working relationship with all contacts both inside and outside the company.
10. Demonstrate aptitude for objective analysis.
11. Ability to meet attendance guidelines.
12. Ability to maintain an effective working relationship with all contacts both inside and outside the company.
Application Instructions: At The Hain Celestial Group, our commitment to helping consumers lead A Healthier Way of Life™ is at the heart of everything we do. With operations in North America, Europe, and India, we participate in many natural categories with well-known brands. Our mission is to be the leading marketer, manufacturer, and seller of organic and natural, better-for-you products. We are committed to growing sustainably while continuing to implement environmentally sound business practices and manufacturing processes. Come join one of Fortune’s 100 Fastest Growing Companies to help consumers lead A Healthier Way of Life™. EEO/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disabled
Apply online, visit our careers page at www.hain.com