Senior Marketing Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
The Senior Marketing Manager position is an exciting and unique opportunity to join the Marketing team of one of the fastest growing brands in the natural foods industry. The candidate is responsible for the development and execution of the Justin’s master brand engagement strategies, including consumer response, public relations, and earned media. This role works closely with the Brand Manager roles in coordination of brand and product-specific objectives. The Senior Marketing Manager has oversight across multiple social media platforms, digital brand equity executions and Justin’s master brand positioning.
• Acts as authority and custodian of the Justin’s master brand. Coordinates with Brand Managers for consistent execution of consumer messaging across all platforms. Develops and executes programs in support with customer or product-specific in market programming. Manages the master brand plan & budget and has oversight for key agency relationships, including Justin’s Agency of Record (AOR). Supports the construction of the Justin’s Annual Operating Plan (AOP) through a collaborative process with the Brand Managers and other cross-functional areas as needed.
• Directs all earned media and public relations strategies. Owns the PR agency relationship and acts as primary point of contact for PR inquiries. Directs the creative process of all branded content. Provides strategy and direction for social media engagement and directs the External Relations Manager in the proactive and reactive tactics for social media. Develops post-event analysis for earned media programs and develops plans for improvement / expansion.
• Has oversight of all industry and trade relationships. Provides operating priorities and parameters to the External Relations Manager. Is responsible for monitoring and maintaining Justin’s position among trade partners, NGOs and other non-customer organizations. Works closely with Justin’s cross functional team in delivery of key events such as trade shows, event sponsorships and internal (Hormel) PR opportunities.
• Directs and has ultimate oversight over the consumer relations function for Justin’s. Provides direction and priorities to the Consumer Relations Specialist and acts as escalation point for major issues. Ensures monitoring processes are in place and measurement protocols exist to track consumer contacts. Maintains relationship with Hormel Foods Consumer Response for process improvements and product liability processes.
This role requires 10% company-related travel
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, stand, use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include looking at a computer screen and ability to adjust focus. The employee is required to travel, drive a motor vehicle, and communicate using telephone and email.
• Understanding of brand marketing and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment and possess a creative eye
• Excellent time and project management skills
• Excellent working knowledge of basic computer applications
• Results oriented, flexible, resourceful and self-motivated, with the ability to collaborate with key partners internally and externally
• Ability to write routine reports, think critically and optimize programming on-the-fly
• Ability to create presentations and speak effectively before internal and external audiences
• Ability to communicate in a fast-paced work environment
• Strong analytical skills, verbal and written communication skills
• Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in marketing or related area
• Agency management experience
• Undergraduate degree in a business-related discipline is desired and marketing focus preferred
Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.