Market Research Manager | NEXT Data & Insights Group | Boulder, CO
Informa’s NEXT Data & Insights Group is a Boulder, Colorado-based advisory & consulting group within Informa Health & Nutrition that helps Health, Wellness and Natural Product innovators maximize their return on innovation investment by using proprietary data, intelligence and insights into what’s NEXT. Our mission: to bring more health to more people; to drive growth and change in our food system, making it more sustainable, socially responsible, conscious, and humane. How we do it: by helping companies of all sizes use market and consumer intelligence to improve the way they do business, make data-driven innovation decisions, prioritize investments and improve decision making. What sets us apart is our use of proprietary data collected at our Natural Products Expos, our industry insider team of journalists, analysts, trend spotters, and our extensive network of industry connections, which collectively enable us to develop forward-looking, predictive solutions.
What we’re looking for:
The NEXT Data & Insights team is seeking a Lead Market Analyst. The Lead Market Analyst will work to help build and enhance our advisory service offering designed to help clients monitor consumer product and innovation trends and strategically synchronize their product development efforts with the evolution of a trend to optimize return on innovation investment. In this role you will have the opportunity to become a forward-thinking industry expert with valued intelligence, unique data, and forward looking perspective unmatched by others in the industry.
As Lead Market Analyst you will be responsible for designing and executing research and analysis plans designed to cultivate expertise and perspective and build data models using a wide array of primary and secondary information sources. Creative problem solving and the ability to work with an array of qualitative (e.g., trends, expert input, patterns in new product launches), and quantitative inputs (e.g., survey research, scanner data, social and media metrics, and proprietary databases) is needed in this role.
If you are excited by the idea of being a trend expert and sitting at the forefront of innovation in the consumer goods industry this is the place to be.
We are an organization which is passionate about our mission and supporting the growth of the Health, Wellness and Natural Products industry. We are looking for candidates with shared interests and passions; a cover letter which explains your personal and/or professional connection to the industry will be an important consideration in our evaluation of candidates.
In this role you will:
– Conduct interviews with key industry stakeholders, undertake desk research, and execute custom survey-based research
– Build unique perspectives and insight through the analysis of point of sale data, social and media data, survey analysis, qualitative and quantitative patterns in innovation, expert perspective, and historic benchmarking
– Plan, coordinate, and execute calendarized analysis plans to create syndicated innovation reports
– Monitor data from multiple sources to identify topics for ad hoc analysis and publication of analyst’s briefings
– Translate data into forward-looking analysis, actionable insights, and predictions
– Create insightful and actionable insights in both published and presentation formats
– Engage with clients and industry leaders and influencers
– Update and develop new and existing data sets
– Identify and evaluate industry trends in the context of economic, consumer, and social trends and determine how those trends impact the industry and our clients
– Lead successful engagements and the creation of consultative intelligence and insights deliverables
– Leverage the full array of New Hope assets and primary data collection and market research to deliver unique value to clients focused on industry intelligence and the front-end of innovation
– Support marketing and sales efforts by creating syndicated market intelligence deliverables, and supporting content marketing efforts
– Inform and inspire New Hope content creation with the use of market understanding, data and insights
What you bring to the team:
– Demonstrated interest in and knowledge of consumer trends and the cultural and lifestyle issues which surround them
– Knowledge of the natural products industry either through personal values and lifestyle choices or professional experience
– Research track record, with proven skills in seeing the patterns behind data and generating insight from a variety of data and intelligence sources
– Exceptional strategic thinking skills with an ability to tie insights back to practical business implications
– Ability to multi-task and handle the details while keeping an eye on the big picture
– A proactive approach to managing workloads
– Deep intellectual curiosity, coupled with a drive to become a recognized industry voice
– Experience working with syndicated sales data, such as IRI/Nielsen/SPINS and social and media data
– Experience working in Excel or other database including their use for analysis, manipulation and maintenance
– Ability to explain concepts in a clear, concise way
– Strong writing skills and a proven ability to write compelling narratives as well as presentation decks to bring insights to life and deliver compelling recommendations
– Exceptional interpersonal and confident communication skills, including presentations and public speaking
– Exceptionally well-organized, detail-oriented, quality focused and effective at multi-tasking in a dynamic environment.
– Collaborative, positive attitude with desire to work in a dynamic work environment for a rapidly growing business
– Business savvy, analytic mindset and client service orientation
– Entrepreneurial spirit and proactive problem-solving skills and a willingness to ‘figure it out’
– Strong project management and project leadership skills
– Demonstrates passion, ownership and commitment to their work
– 2 to 5 or more years of relevant work experience, either client-side or with a professional services firm
– BA or BS in an analytically rigorous discipline such as Mathematics, Statistics, Market Research, Business Analysis, or Economics. M.B.A. a plus
– This role is located in our Boulder, Colorado office
– The role may require travel once or twice a month
What we offer:
– Health and Wellness Benefits (medical, dental, vision)
– 401K and Matching
– Employee Stock Purchase Plan
– Generous PTO policy
– Employee Discount Program
– Dog friendly office
To be considered for one of Informa’s openings, please complete an online application at Informa.com or by clicking Apply. Informa is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, or national origin.
Why Work at Informa?
Informa Markets creates platforms for industries and specialist markets to trade, innovate and grow. Our portfolio is comprised of more than 550 international B2B events and brands in markets including Healthcare & Pharmaceuticals, Infrastructure, Construction & Real Estate, Fashion & Apparel, Hospitality, Food & Beverage, and Health & Nutrition, among others. We provide customers and partners around the globe with opportunities to engage, experience and do business through face-to-face exhibitions, specialist digital content and actionable data solutions. As the world’s leading exhibitions organizer, we bring a diverse range of specialist markets to life, unlocking opportunities and helping them to thrive 365 days of the year.
For more information, please visit www.informamarkets.com. Please send post inquiries to Josh Ordonez at email@example.com.