Third Street is looking for a Line Operator & Maintenance Technician to join our growing Production Team. Located in Louisville, Colorado Third Street microbrews chai tea concentrates and teas in our beautiful facility. The ideal candidate will spend about 40% of their time assisting the production crew in keeping the production line flowing smoothly and efficiently. They also spend an additional 40% of their time assisting the Line Supervisor with regular maintenance & repairs of equipment on the line. The remaining 20% will include assisting the head brewer with ingredient batching and cleaning.
Reports to: Production Line Supervisor
1. Provide daily production line maintenance coverage.
2. Breakdown and rebuild equipment for sanitation purposes when necessary.
3. Assist with preventative maintenance schedule of equipment.
4. Identify and perform preventative maintenance functions and repairs in an efficient manner to support production.
5. Lead line workers on equipment use, basic repair, and procedures.
6. Participate and assist in the installation of machinery.
7. Inspect machines for parts wear and recommend/participate in making necessary repairs.
8. Assist with brewing functions and learn brewing processes.
9. Ensure that all daily paperwork is complete and accurate.
10. Responsible for reporting food safety and quality issues.
11. Follow all Food Safety guidelines, but not limited to: GMPs, Allergen/Identity Preserved Programs, Quality, Sanitation, Safety, H.A.C.C.P.
12. Ensure SQF standards are met.
• Minimum HS graduate or equivalent.
• 2-3 years of experience, preferred
• Ability to stand for long periods of time and lift 50+ pounds regularly
• Forklift certification or ability to obtain
• Ability to work well with others.
• Ability to learn technical terminology.
• Demonstrate strong mechanical aptitude.
• Flexibility is an asset: assist on the line 50% of the time and work overtime, periodically.
• Possess good verbal and written communication skills.
• Basic computer skills.
• Background in food and beverage manufacturing desired.
• Strong safety record.
• Good attendance and dependability a must.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, climb stairs and ladders, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is required to stand; use hands and fingers to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; taste or smell; and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Must be physically able to lift and move 50 lbs. Use of both hands.
Must be comfortable in a production environment with early morning starts.
Salary & Benefits:
This is a salaried position with a salary range of $30,000 – $35,000 dependent on experience. Other benefits include a 401k plan, paid vacation and sick time and health insurance coverage.
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org