Tres Latin Foods is a fast-growing company that is taking the frozen food aisle by storm! Our product line is well distributed in natural and conventional retailers across the country, but we are continuing to grow through innovation and additional retail expansion. We are helping consumers break out of their food ruts by giving them something different: frozen Latin-inspired products that are not only healthy, but easy to prepare. Great taste without compromise! We like what we do and it’s important that we like each other too, so we are careful about how we build out our team.
What You Will Do:
The (entry level) Logistics Manager will report to the Director of Operations and will be an integral part in helping to manage Tres Latin Foods operations. The Logistics Manager will strategically plan and manage logistics, optimize stock levels, work with customers, and analyze metrics and data to recommend and implement improvements. This position will also collaborate with other functions such as sales, marketing, accounting to integrate logistics with business systems and processes. The Logistics Manager will also have a chance to learn about building a fast-growing food business from a seasoned team of business professionals.
Specific duties include but are not limited to:
• Strategically plan and manage logistics, warehouse, stock levels, transportation and customer services
• Keep track of quality, quantity, stock levels, delivery times, transport costs and efficiency
• Implement specific customer requirements, such as internal reporting or customized transportation metrics
• Develop optimal transportation modes, routing, and frequency
• Resolve problems concerning transportation, logistics systems, imports or exports, or customer issues
• Create policies or procedures for logistics activities
• Ensure carrier compliance with company policies or procedures for product transit or delivery
• Maintain metrics and analyze data to assess performance and implement improvements
• Analyze the financial impact of proposed logistics changes, such as routing, shipping modes, product volumes or mixes, or carriers
• Collaborate with other departments to integrate logistics with business systems or processes, such as sales, marketing, accounting, other operations requirements
• As this is a small and growing business, the Logistics Manager will need to wear many hats. As such, there will be other operations duties as assigned
Who You Are:
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, or operations preferred
• 1-2 years previous successful experience of logistics management in a food/CPG/beverage company required
• Proficiency in relevant software (Quickbooks and Excel preferred as well as MS Office)
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, team environment
• Ability to be flexible with assignments and multiple priorities
• Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills
About Tres Latin Foods
Tres Latin Foods is a fast-growing frozen food manufacturer with distribution in major retailers and in all 50 states. Good things come in Tres: Delicious Latin food, real & simple ingredients, and easy preparation. Tres Latin Foods is owned by Samantha Brand Group.
About Samantha Brands Group
Samantha Brands Group (“SBG”) was founded in 2016 on the premise that promising young food brands and their founding entrepreneurs needed more than just financial investment in order to be successful. In addition to Financial support, SBG’s team of seasoned CPG operators work alongside the Founders in each of its portfolio companies day to day in order to help them grow their brands in the right way and at a much faster rate.
*To apply for this position, follow the link below and click on “Apply for this job online.”