Posted February 19, 2021
About the Company:
We are Natural Food Works, a specialty food manufacturer that offers contract manufacturing and private label services to our clients while operating a portfolio of brands. We specialize in consumer food products made with better-for-you ingredients at the highest quality standards. Our facility is FSMA certified as SQF Level 2 and we are able to produce with Gluten Free, Non-GMO, Organic, Kosher, and USDA certifications. We are owned by operators who started out running brands and appreciate the difficulties that founders, and brand owners face because we have been there ourselves. Our mission is to improve the consumer food landscape by bringing transparency and efficiency to the mass production of consumer premium food products and the operation of burgeoning CPG brands whether they are our clients or our own.
- Develop and execute a complete, plant-wide, maintenance program using detailed value judgments to optimize the budget.
- Be available to help maintenance technicians make informed decisions remotely.
- Be on site (during off-hours) when the plant circumstances demand it.
- Perform daily preventive maintenance.
- Perform corrective maintenance in a demanding environment.
- Prepare and maintain documentation on operational equipment efficiency through maintenance software.
- Perform rapid maintenance evaluations and communicate clearly and succinctly to management, supervisors, and line workers alike.
- 5+ years’ experience in the industrial maintenance field
- Experience and training with a highly structured and well implemented production facility maintenance program
- A detailed, patient, and mechanical mind is imperative
- Ability to maintain a high quality of work and a “can do” attitude will define the best candidate for this position.
- Ability to clearly communicate critical information to peers, the production line team & management is important.
- A skilled technician with experience in pneumatics, cooling systems (HVAC, Chillers, Freezer), machine electrical (PLCs, motor starters, relays, control systems) pumps and facilities maintenance
- A leadership mindset that understands the impact of their attitude on their colleagues
- Exposure to a production environment, especially in dealing with food, is a plus. The job will present many opportunities for growth technically and personally.
- An understanding of how to maintain equipment for the long term while also maximizing output in any given day.
- Ability to carry 50 lbs. without assistance
- Must be flexible to work weekends, overtime, and on call
- Adept troubleshooting ability
- High School Diploma/GED. Technical or vocational training preferred. Engineering or BS degree a plus++
- Must be able to communicate and work effectively with all employees – Spanish language skills preferred
- Must have the ability to stand and/or stoop for a full shift
- Must have the ability to climb onto overhead structures and on top of equipment
- Must have computer skills including maintenance software, power point presentations, excel data analysis, and Microsoft word document creation
- Proactive and reliable
Competitive salary dependent upon experience in the range of $70,000-$85,000 per year, that also accrues PTO based on Company policy. Full time candidates are eligible for medical insurance coverage. We are looking for a long-term employee to grow with the Company and are in search for a personable, intelligent, and reliable individual to join our team. Experience in the retail food production industry is strongly preferred. Please contact us with your resume and availability for interview. Only qualified candidates will be contacted for further consideration.